“Consistently good, great value!”

Jolly Roger Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Consistently good food and service. My family and I have eaten here since I was a child (in my 30's now- don't tell anyone!). We always visit when we come to the beach. Lots of food for the price, very good value!

There are newer reviews for Jolly Roger Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Unapologetic dive. Breakfast was simple, huge and perfect. Old school "cat-head" biscuits amazing thick cut bacon and home fries that border on amazing. Breakfast isnt that hard to get right which is why it is sad that so few places do. Jolly gets it right.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We waited 15 minutes for a table that was already available. Then another 10 min. til we even saw a waitress who was far from friendly. It took another 35 minutes til we got our food at lunch time. My soup was too salty and my sandwich was not good. Someone else had crab cake and did say it was good. People next to us had one person in their party eating while it took another 10 minutes to serve everyone else. Another family asked for takeout when their food arrived since they had waited so long and the kids were restless. The waitress failed to mention the specials which I only saw when we were paying the bill. I will not be going back when there are other great restaurants in the area.

1  Thank candy30087
jroger1, Manager at Jolly Roger Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thanks for your review!!! We strive very hard for great customer service and I am so sorry your visit was not up 2 our high standards...having over 400 positive reviews, I believe we usually get it right, and I am sorry your visit was one of the few times that we apparently didn't....I do hope that you will come back and give us another chance, as ALL of our customers are very important to us!!! Thanks again for your input, and we hope 2 see u soon!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Usually stop in when we are down here and get a banging burger. We had the clam strips today. They were totally awesome. Highly recommended place.

jroger1, Manager at Jolly Roger Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thanks for the review!!!!! Was great 2 see you!!!!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The Jolly Roger has been a part of my husbands family and my life since we started coming to the Outer Banks. When we first started coming (years ago) we always had a pleasant time, and a filing, delicious breakfast. I would recommend it more for breakfast opposed to dinner if you choose to go. One time my husband and I went to dinner and that whole night I was sick to my stomach and didn't enjoy any of the night. So sick, I had to lay in bed or make trips to the restroom the whole time.

It is a unique place, with all of its decorations and the staff's pirate uniform. There is plenty of seating, which is a plus but some tables/areas are rather tight and in some cases uncomfortable. They have a lot of options for breakfast, although as of late, the service has been very poor and things seemed to have gone downhill over time. The last time my husband and I ate breakfast there, we were so disappointing in the service. Our waitress took an almost unreasonable amount of time to get to us for drinks and when she did finally acknowledge/glace our way, she told us (in passing) that "it'll be a few minutes or so"...

There is karaoke and a late night atmosphere that may be fun, but I haven't experienced that yet. The more and more I have been going lately, the more and more reasons I have to be disappointed, which makes me sad because it is one of the first places my husbands family and I have ever 'ranted and raved' about and now there seems to be nothing to 'rant and rave' about to others.

1  Thank 412toOBX

Thanks so much for your review! I am so sorry that your last trip 2 see us was disappointing, as we strive hard 2 have great customer service...As u can see, we usually have great reviews....if you can give any more info on your server it would be most appreciated...Please come back and see us again, and ask for me, (Susan), and I will personally insure that your visit is up to our high standards. Have a great day!