We spent two nights here and were very happy with the location. We opted for a partial beach view room (dunes view really, which we were told) and the room was pleasant and very clean. There was no balcony and I was disappointed that the walkway outside the rooms had no chairs because the view was so pretty and peaceful that it would have been nice to sit there. However, there were picnic tables just down from our room (we were on the 2nd floor) and a beautiful gazebo with great ocean views down the short path to the beach which we enjoyed. The beach here is wild and beautiful and just a very short walk from the rooms. We were in the older building and would opt for the newer, more expensive one right next door next time because it does have private balconies.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront location, each room is equipped with two queen beds or one king and a sleep sofa and include a refrigerator,in-room phone, TV with HBO, AM-FM radio and highspeed internet. All efficiencies are equipped with full kitchens. We also have a limited number of King Studio Suites available. Complimentary continental breakfast. complimentary passes to the YMCA. Newly renovated rooms and efficiencies for 2016. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Booking.com, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shutters On the Banks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shutters On The Banks Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Colony Iv
- Shutters On The Banks Kill Devil Hills, Outer Banks, NC