Stayed here during the off, off season and it was great! I booked the long weekend (1/24 - 1/27/2014) through Groupon at a fantastic price. I made the reservation in September 2013 so had several months to worry and stew about my decision. I sure am glad I didn't cancel the reservation!! I think we've found a new "favorite place" to stay when visiting the Outer Banks! The room was fairly spacious, extremely clean, very nice breakfast, super friendly staff and absolutely cute property. Although it was too chilly to use it, there was a private covered porch facing the ocean with two adirondack chairs that would be great in nicer weather......just sit there sipping wine/whatever and listening to the waves..... The only thing between Shutters and the ocean are dunes and beach. There is a cute pavillion overlooking the ocean, we did not use the indoor pool, but observed some kids having a wonderful time swimiming and splashing. Every window in every room has plantation shutters - hence the name "Shutters on the Banks." All in all, this is a great place to stay - I can't say enough good things! Will return for sure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront location, each room is equipped with two queen beds or one king and a sleep sofa and include a refrigerator,in-room phone, TV with HBO, AM-FM radio and highspeed internet. All efficiencies are equipped with full kitchens. We also have a limited number of King Studio Suites available. Complimentary continental breakfast. complimentary passes to the YMCA. Newly renovated rooms and efficiencies for 2016. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Shutters On the Banks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shutters On The Banks Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Colony Iv
- Shutters On The Banks Kill Devil Hills, Outer Banks, NC