Stayed here based on the trip advisor reviews. Staff at check in were very friendly. We had a third floor room they have a partial view of the ocean due to the dunes.
The rooms are clean and very typical of most hotel rooms. The fridge and coffee machine are an added bonus. Stayed in other hotels on this coastline that were better value but I wouldn't knock this hotel it has everything you need and is in a good location, Breakfast is provided but there's not a lot to it.
Big disappointment was the pool, it's not deep at all so not really for swimmming in more of a plunge pool. The pool is also completely boxed in so is very shady and stuffy, there's no air getting in, so best to stick to the beach.
Not my first choice hotel for this area but not bad either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront location, each room is equipped with two queen beds or one king and a sleep sofa and include a refrigerator,in-room phone, TV with HBO, AM-FM radio and highspeed internet. All efficiencies are equipped with full kitchens. We also have a limited number of King Studio Suites available. Complimentary continental breakfast. complimentary passes to the YMCA. Newly renovated rooms and efficiencies for 2016. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Shutters On the Banks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shutters On The Banks Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Colony Iv
- Shutters On The Banks Kill Devil Hills, Outer Banks, NC