We stayed at the Shutters for the Flying Pirate HM weekend. There are two.building, the tower and the main two story building. The room.we stayed in faced the parking lot in the two story building. We were on the second floor. The hotel is older but updated and clean. The rooms are small but had two queen beds and were comfortable. The hotel has great and easy access to the beach. The lobby area was clean and nicely decorated. The hotel offers a continental breakfast which was pretty good. We only used it once because we had to wake early for the races. The front desk clerk offered us breakfast food the night before so we can take to our room. The hotel staff in general were very friendly. The only thing to watch for is ask for a second story room. There are no elevators in the part of the hotel we stayed in but its worth hauling your luggage up. The floors are father thin and you can hear below. The guest below came to our room asking us to not make so.much noise. I'm not a stomper when I walk so the floors must be thin. I.tried to.tiptoe around after that which was not good. If you want to stay in a conveniently located hotel that is comfortable and will break the bank this is it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront location, each room is equipped with two queen beds or one king and a sleep sofa and include a refrigerator, microwave, in-room phone, TV with HBO, AM-FM radio and highspeed internet. All efficiencies are equipped with full kitchens. We also have a limited number of King Studio Suites available. Complimentary continental breakfast. complimentary passes to the YMCA. Newly renovated rooms and efficiencies for 2016. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotel.de, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Shutters on the Banks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shutters On The Banks Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Colony Iv
- Shutters On The Banks Kill Devil Hills, Outer Banks, NC