We stayed at Shutters (formerly the Colony 4) hotel last weekend and really enjoyed it. It sits just past mile post 8 on the beach side of beach road (rt-12) and is within walking distance to several places we like to visit each year. The hotel lobby is beautiful and the staff were very nice and accommodating. We arrived early on check in day so our room wasn't quite ready yet, so we walked over to Stop N' Shop to get some subs for lunch (love the Conga) and then walked back to the hotel lobby to eat it. The kitchen was taken up by a group of exchange students but the lady at the counter cleared off a coffee table in the sitting area so we could eat, so nice. After a few hours on the beach, our room was ready and we checked in long enough to put our bags inside the room and get back out on the beach which was a 30 second walk from our room. I would stay here again, and probably will when we head back to OBX in late July.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront location, each room is equipped with two queen beds or one king and a sleep sofa and include a refrigerator,in-room phone, TV with HBO, AM-FM radio and highspeed internet. All efficiencies are equipped with full kitchens. We also have a limited number of King Studio Suites available. Complimentary continental breakfast. complimentary passes to the YMCA. Newly renovated rooms and efficiencies for 2016. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Shutters On the Banks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shutters On The Banks Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Colony Iv
- Shutters On The Banks Kill Devil Hills, Outer Banks, NC