Wonderful experience. Our 10 year old enjoyed both the outdoor and indoor pools. Easy beach access. Very accommodating staff. Breakfast each day was super. Hotel just opened an outdoor dining area. Our family will be back to Shutters on the Banks when we visit OBX again. We felt very safe even when Hurricane Arthur came through. The structure was solid. With the door shut we did not even hear the 80-90 mph wind and rain during the night. High sand dunes protect the hotel from the ocean when bad storms hit. There are several restaurants close by in Kill Devil Hills, Kitty Hawk, and Nags Head. We liked staying here because it seemed to be in the center of the OBX and most activities were easily accessible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront location, each room is equipped with two queen beds or one king and a sleep sofa and include a refrigerator, microwave, in-room phone, TV with HBO, AM-FM radio and highspeed internet. All efficiencies are equipped with full kitchens. We also have a limited number of King Studio Suites available. Complimentary continental breakfast. complimentary passes to the YMCA. Newly renovated rooms and efficiencies for 2016. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Agoda, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shutters on the Banks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shutters On The Banks Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Colony Iv
- Shutters On The Banks Kill Devil Hills, Outer Banks, NC