We were looking for a hotel for one night only, and checked into this place based on its trip advisor reviews. The hotel lobby and breakfast area are beautiful, and the front desk staff were very friendly. Our room was on the second floor and was billed as partial view--this meant that if we stood up and stretched to see over the dunes, we could see the beach. However, they told us that from the beginning, so we knew what we were getting. The room itself was large; it had a couch, but that didn't face the TV at all! The TV itself was small and had horrible audio video reception. We were only there for 1 evening, so didn't complain.
Breakfast selection was very poor, so if you stay here expect to eat somewhere else. We would probably stay here again if we were ever in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront location, each room is equipped with two queen beds or one king and a sleep sofa and include a refrigerator, microwave, in-room phone, TV with HBO, AM-FM radio and highspeed internet. All efficiencies are equipped with full kitchens. We also have a limited number of King Studio Suites available. Complimentary continental breakfast. complimentary passes to the YMCA. Newly renovated rooms and efficiencies for 2016. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Shutters on the Banks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shutters On The Banks Hotel Kill Devil Hills
- Colony Iv
- Shutters On The Banks Kill Devil Hills, Outer Banks, NC