“The hotel was average. I have stayed at this one a number...”

Days Inn & Suites Kill Devil Hills-Mariner
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Kill Devil Hills

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Moyock, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Didn't stay here, but visited some family who did! While this is a cheaper place to stay on the beach, you give up some niceties. It is an older motel/hotel right on the oceanfront, the room didn't have a bathtub, just a standup shower, though it did have a sink, refrigerator, and microwave. Pool was decent. Limited parking.

Room Tip: Don't expect high-end amenities. Early check-in during tourist season difficult.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CPolarBear
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My family stayed at the Days Inn Mariner during a 4 day vacation this past week-end. Location was convenient, and right on the ocean. Front desk was pleasant. Hot breakfast was pretty good and free. The pool was small, and the room was very small. I was told it had a queen bed and a queen pull-out sofa in the "sitting room" -- the sofa was a TWIN, and my two big boys had to sleep on it. When I asked the front desk, she told me a queen pull-out would not even fit in that room. I told her what I was told when I made the reservation, and pointed to the boys, telling her there was no way I would have ever put them on a twin bed. So caution -- be sure of what you are getting in terms of beds. The room seemed clean, but out-dated. I did like that they had a TV in each room. Many families there, friendly environment. We concentrated on the positives, and enjoyed our stay. I would just get a bigger room next time.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
DIManagement, Director of Sales at Days Inn & Suites Kill Devil Hills-Mariner, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Thank you for bringing your family to the Outer Banks, we appreciate it. I am sorry if there was confusion as to your room type. The queen suites do have a queen bed in the bedroom area and in the living room area the loveseat pulls out into a sleeper which is a single sleeper. The other room types we have at our property do not have any sleeper sofas though we do have rollaway beds which can be rented for an additional charge. I know when your room was reserved that none of our other room types were available, but we do have suites with 3 and 4 beds at our property as well at a different rate. We would hope you might come back and visit and try one of our other room types. The suites with 3 and 4 beds are quite spacious and also feature a living room/kitchen area. If you are able to visit the Outer Banks again, please feel free to contact me and I will be happy to help make reservations for your next stay. Thank you, Tonia
Leesburg, Virginia
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed there for a quick getaway 2 days at the beach, the front desk lady was outstanding eventhough I arrived at 1:40am. Let's start with our first night beds and pillows felt wet due to the high humidity in the room, next day while we were out of the room setted the ac unit in high at a low temperature that helped dry out a bit. Breakfast was great, with waffles, eggs cheese, bread, cereal, yougurt. Had a problem with wifi that never worked, called front desk for assistance and they reported to the IT, that called me back but never solved the problem....

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank hispanic_daddy
Fayetteville, NC
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

It's difficult to not enjoy a stay at the beach. The rooms are quite comfortable, spacious and a short walk from the beach. Initially, I wanted to be closer to the water, but you can't beat the quiet when it's time to rest. I would definitely choose to stay again in the future.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for coming to the Outer Banks for your getaway. We appreciate your choosing to stay with us and we're so pleased you had a nice, quiet trip while at the Mariner. We do hope you will be able to visit again and please feel free to contact me and I will be happy to help make reservations for your next stay. Thank you! Tonia
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devi...
#5 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Sea Ranch Resort
Sea Ranch Resort
#1 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanfront - Wilbur
Days Inn Kill Devil Hills Oceanf...
#4 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfron...
#6 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Comfort Inn On The Ocean
Comfort Inn On The Ocean
#13 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Baymont Inn & Suites Kitty Hawk Outer Banks

Been to Days Inn & Suites Kill Devil Hills-Mariner? Share your experiences!