See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 May 2012

The staff of Best Way and locals make it a fun place to stay for the money. Even though the inn is older; the rooms, pool, and surroundings are clean. Overall-great.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank beckshore
Reviewed 17 May 2012

This looked like a decent hotel on the outside... DO NOT let it fool you. Beds were soft. holes in bathroom walls, toilet ran, Just looked / felt dirty. People living there and they hang out outside. Felt like an apartment complex, but dirtier. Motorcycle bar by the front office. Do not stay here!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank victoria g
Reviewed 15 September 2011

I check out early. Walked in and it sunk to high heaven! Went to the food lion and bought spray and Clorox bleach!! The room beside us was using the room for prostitution!!!!!! All night long! We checked out the next day! The lowest of three lowest hotels! As my mama would say crack hotel! Everything was dirty! ''small hairs'' on bed (had to request sheets!) and on towels! Went to walmart and bought myself new towels! Gross! Gross! Gross! Never ever again would I stay here!

• Stayed: September 2011
4  Thank gtsems
Reviewed 18 November 2010

This is the type of motel for construction workers on a discounted bulk rate. I'd be embarrassed to take my family here. Water stayed running, bug on ceiling, shower repair was with a rotten piece of wood, water stains on lampshade, lumps in dirty carpet etc. The housekeepers did a good job considering the problems with the place. Our second and last night was interrupted by the noise of a tractor-trailer that was parked outside our door on motel property. This place is better than sleeping in a car but that's about it.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank mikey6568
Reviewed 5 August 2010

On a whim my wife, & 3y/o son took off for a night near Winston Salem, and a visit to the Cook's Indoor Flea Market. Since I had stayed at the EL in King several year's ago while working down there, I decided to take a chance and try it again. I was pleasantly surprised. The price was reasonable, and theroom was clean, bathroom clean, and the beds were very comfy to our surprise. We checked in just after 10pm and the gentleman at the front desk was nice enough to leave the pool open an extra 30 minutes to allow my wife and son some swim time. The 27inch tv had a full list of channels as cartoons are always a must. The room may have been a little dated, but it was clean. The wi-fi was great, and the speed was good. Didnt take advantage of the continental breakfast. So, I just wanted to give a thumbs up for the EL in King. It was just as nice as the first time I was there. One other poster was right...there are no other hotel choices in King, so EL is it. But I would recommend it !

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family