“Never again!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Kings Mountain
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Management and front desk BOY are VERY rude! I had to stay here for 1 week for work and would much rather slept in my truck! I stayed in a room on the top floor, front side of the hotel and the place is the pits! The room was extremely run down, the furniture belongs in the dumpster, appliances in the room barely worked, blankets are stained and have burn holes. When I brought this up to the manager I got the cold shoulder and she acted as if she could care less. When I would go to the breakfast area each morning I felt as if I was being watched like a hawk about to pounce on their prey. The woman was not friendly at all and just sat watching tv most of the time, when there were things that needed to be cleaned in the area! The only good thing I can say about this hotel is the housekeeper who worked my floor was great! She went out of her way everyday to make sure I came "home" from work to a clean room, she was friendly & down to earth and I appreciated her hardwork. Now if only management acted as nice and did her job and fixed the serious issues that need to be addressed ASAP then the place wouldn't be so bad but I will never stay there again!

Room Tip: Turn around & go home!!!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank DiggyDawg

Reviewed 15 November 2012

I booked this place for my guys to stay while in town for buisness. There were roachs running around the room climbing up the walls in the drawers just everywhere. There was mold in the bathroom around the shower and baseboards. One of my guys was going to eat breakfast and said the food looked so bad that he suggested to the others to go over to McDonalds accross the street. We will not be booking this place. I would not offer a bad review for any buisness if the problem was something that was beyond their control. This situation should never happen. People need to have clean and safe places to stay while they are away from theirs homes. Keeping the place clean is what house keeping is for and the management needs to insure this is done.

Room Tip: Do not use this location until you have inspected the room they reserved for you
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Bill D
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We stayed here while in town for my father's funeral, then extended when my brother passed away a couple of days later, total of 6 days. Staff was, without exception, helpful and friendly. The desk person actually ran around from behind the desk to hold both sets of doors open so I could carry breakfast back to our room. Breakfast was typical, no meat but hot waffles, pastries, cereals, etc. I was impressed with the cleanliness of all areas. Pool was clean, but also in need of some repair. Nice flat screen, microwave, and fridge in room. Shower had good pressure and was also very clean.

The property had numerous patching up needs, from peeling paint and wallpaper to the non functioning ice machine. Please note, the items we observed were cosmetic in nature. Everything worked - A/C was cold, no mold, plumbing worked as it should, locks worked. Furniture was scuffed and a bit creaky. This property is convenient to I-85 and has fast food across the street and a grocery store nearby.

For the price and convenience, I'm inclined to overlook the physical flaws. Cleanliness was as good as it gets, and is of importance to me.

Room Tip: We had room 112. This property has a parking lot for large trucks, and this room was far enough away...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2012

The furniture in the room looked like it was from a 1980s garage sale and the tv matched. The walls were discolored, the paint was peeling and the bathroom was moldy. We were too tired to go elsewhere but I hope others stay away.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Tennie1
Reviewed 30 June 2012

This place is poorly ran. Complaints never taken serious,unpleasant staff at desk. Language skills on the telephone are terrible. Upon arrival,the little short hair white girl is very unprofessional, ghetto and rude. She speaks uneducated, and smokes her whole shift while I was there my 10 plus days. That place needs a management Makeover and remodeling. And as for third shifters...smh..didn't know mgmt allows the sexual activity to occur...and from the young lady who acts in this matter
..she says no one cares about what goes on. This is a disgrace..should be called a motel not hotel...

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank youonlyliveoncebruh
Reviewed 18 June 2012

This is one of the worst condition Quality Inns that I have stayed at. Paint missing or pealing, cigarette burns on bedspread in a non smoking unit. Set of stairs closed, ice machine not working. Breakfast was OK, place was clean, but it needs fixing and updating. Also should not allow employees to smoke right outside of the front entrance. With a bit of TLC this property could again be a quality Quailty Inn.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DWOBOB
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Week 1:If you are used to sleeping in a mud and thatch hut in a third world country, then you will feel right at home here! I stayed in room 117 or 119 the first two nights. Cigarette burns on the bedspread in a non smoking room. Dog urine (still wet) in three different spots on the carpet. Sand in the bed that the dog had slept in. I still felt dirty once I got out of the shower that was full of mold. Had to book a room for the next week. It was the only place with vacancy's due to basketball tourney's. Complained to front desk during my re-booking. "Sorry" Was all I got back.
Week 2: Checked into room 205. Filthy carpet. fridge didn't work. Room service came in after 4 days and did not vacuum or change the sheets on the bed. Placed W/O for fridge repair. That had not happened by Thursday.(5 days) I asked the man in the room beside me how to get any repairs done. He said, "let me guess, your fridge still doesn't work? I stayed in that room last week and they never fixed it for me either." I checked out Thursday A.M. and they had the nerve to ask if I wanted them to make my reservations for next week! PLEEZE I'll sleep under a bridge before staying there again.

Room Tip: If you have to stay at this address, bring a tent to pitch in the parking lot!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank duckshot
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kings Mountain
Holiday Inn Express Kings Mountain
WoodSpring Suites Charlotte Shelby
Holiday Inn Express Gastonia

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!