My wife and I had stayed at this location previously. The staff is efficient and the standards of the hotel have been consistent with other Holiday Inn Express Hotels we have stayed at. Any hotel can experience issues from time to time. How the hotel responds to the issues separates the good ones from the bad ones. I had commented on this hotel previously stating a gripe with the lack of hot water. But otherwise our stays have been satisfactory; until this time. After driving 10 hours and arriving at 8:30 PM with a prepaid room we were expecting an easy check in. Actually it was. However, the room had an ant problem. Ants on the TV counter, ants on the dresser counter, ants on all the counters. Ants on the walls and ants behind the bed headboard. I complained to the Desk Clerk. She is a wonderful, caring individual whose pay should be her weight in gold. The hotel was sold out. Anyway the GM was contacted and his response was that he would have his housekeeper spray Raid on the counters, walls, floors, everywhere including I'm sure the mist over spray on our pillows, sheets and comforter. The desk clerk passed the phone to me after I refused to sleep in a toxic room. David Bean, the GM was a gassed that I was on the phone, asked who I was and asked that I hand the phone back to the desk clerk. He told her that we had 2 options spend the night with the toxins or find lodging elsewhere. He wasn't apologetic and was actually disbelieving that his hotel could have an ant problem. My wife took the desk clerk up to our room for proof. Anyway, I spoke to HI customer service and they were very apologetic. Although they did ultimately find another hotel for us to stay at we were traded out for another room that didn't have an ant problem and all was resolved. To be kind the GM did offer to comp our room because of the ant problem. HI Express has a policy similar to Hampton Inn that says that they will make your stay acceptable if they can't make it right. Holiday Inn Express is a good brand and by all means support this location as it has a host of good amenities and good people working there.
But the GM doesn't appear to be a people person and had no empathy for us; actually quite the opposite. Extremely disappointed in his role during this encounter.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Kings Mountain, North Carolina. The hotel provides a modern, fresh, clean and upscale atmosphere,with an excellent location and services that you need, like our new hot breakfast, free local calls and high speed Internet, and we offer it all for a great value.Nestled in the Rolling Piedmont of North Carolina Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains, Cleveland County is the gateway between Asheville and Charlotte, North Carolina. Also, centered between two of the largest metropolitan areas of the Carolinas -Charlotte, North Carolina and Greenville/Spartanburg, South Carolina. Kings Mountain is a historically significant city, the site of a major Revolutionary War Battle in 1780. We are approximately 5 miles from Crowders Mountain State Park, 6 miles to Kings Mountain State Park, and 7 miles to Kings Mountain National Military Park. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites- Kings Mountain is located off-I-85 Exit # 8, just thirty minutes from Charlotte, NC and forty-five minutes from Greenville/Spartanburg, SC. Our Hotel has gone through a complete renovation in 2008, designed to meet the needs of corporate, group and leisure travelersWe offer meeting facilities accommodating up to 75 persons, an executive board room accommodating up to 6 persons and a 24 hour per day business center with computer, printer and Internet access. Fax and copier services are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, IHG, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Kings Mountain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Kings Mountain Hotel Kings Mountain
- Holiday Inn Kings Mountain
- Kings Mountain Holiday Inn