“Amazing experience!!!!!”

Duck Woods Country Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Semi-private golf club in Kitty Hawk.
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Gorgeous course!not for the novice.Lost 13 balls first try out,but I am a beginner!first class service and amenities.Known for its water and beautiful views.If you go you will have a amazing experience!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

A nice course and club. I enjoyed playing it very much. I am sorry that when I called they did not tell me about the lower green fees on Sundays!

1  Thank CarolandIra
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Called to see if I could play midweek as I am not a member. Not a problem! Showed up at the appointed tee time, went right out. Course card does not have a course or hole layout on it so a little difficult to find No. 10 if they want you to start on the back nine. Course very nice, challenging, water on several holes, but really a nice course. Only drawback was they started me on the back nine and by the 13th hole kept having to wait for the grounds maintenance crews to clear off from the greens. At one point a groundskeeper suggested I just play through a hole or two. Sorry, because at $70 for the round I was not about to skip a hole or two. Better planning by the ground crews and pro shop should resolve such issues. Pro shop is nice, friendly all around service. Will play again.

1  Thank Tom R
Reviewed 8 May 2014

It's been almost 35 years since I last played here. The course has matured nicely and is a great golf course in my humble opinion. The poa ana has started to appear on a few of the greens and on some of the Bermuda fairways, but overall it was in excellent shape for the first week of May. The staff and club members were super nice and made us feel welcome.....not like we were invading their private space. Pro shop was great, as well as the grill where we had a beer and sandwich after our round. Osprey nest on the first tee box with a pair of ospreys in it, with frogs and turtles galore.....they ended up being our cheering gallery on many holes ;-) Even saw a nutria wandering around.....felt like Bill Murray needed to be there to rid the course of the varmint like in Caddy Shack!!!!

We played behind two groups of older club members that were walking. We were just a twosome with a cart. No one was behind us, and it was one of the most enjoyable round of golf I have played in a long time. The pace was perfect, and we didn't feel delayed or rushed. Had plenty of time to fill in divots, rake sand traps, clean clubs, and repair ball marks on the greens. Wish I would have played better, but that's another story all together.....can't wait to go back!!!!

Reviewed 28 July 2013

The course was very well kept from tee to green. A good mix of features and also enjoyed the design.I was especially impressed with the smiling helpful staff.Pro shop,cart gentlemen, beverage cart young lady, driving range gentlemen, starter and groundskeeper Nice Job everyone!