“PERFECTION!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Beach Haven

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kitty Hawk
Beach Haven
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Kitty Hawk
philippi
“PERFECTION!”
Reviewed 16 August 2010

The lady who owns the hotel lives on the property. We were given a tour of the grounds. We were given a wonderful cake with strawberries since it was our honeymoon. The place is lovely!!!! The staff consisted of the owner and housekeeping. We were checked in on every single day of our week long stay. This place is so comfortable, clean and private!!! It is also close to all the wonderful fun times to be had in the OBX area!!!! BEST VACATION EVER!!!! Perfect spot for a couple!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sabrinalstewart

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Meriden, Connecticut
Reviewed 21 July 2010

We arrived on Saturday, July 10th and had reservations to stay through Tuesday, July 13th. Raina was the most gracious motel hostess and we immediately put in a request to stay an extra day if an opening became available (which it did, so we got to extend our stay through Wednesday!) She showed us around the grounds and we settled into our room. We stayed in room #7, which was a double bed, dresser, closet, cable TV, internet, fridge, microwave, coffee maker & bath. Only issue we had was that the bath had a stand-up shower which was a little difficult for a 6'3" guy to navigate...lol! Room was immaculate as was our deck area which included chairs & a table for us to enjoy the outdoors. Facility had available a great selection of beach items to rent for a MINIMAL charge per day; beach chairs, umbrellas, toys, games, etc. which was nice. Also has nice outdoor shower to rinse yourself & your gear off after a day at the beach. Great observation deck above the outdoor shower area which offered awesome views of the beach, surrounding area and an amazing sky at night! Parking was plentiful and the landscaping of the grounds was near flawless. Located in residental area, but still very close to restaurants, shopping and entertainment without being around a lot of noise & confusion. Very peaceful, quiet and relaxing place to stay!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank suzyb61
Kittanning, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 June 2010

After an all-night drive and needing a shower and a nap Raina let us check in early (as our room was available) at 8:30 instead of the usual 4:00 check-in. We loved the quaint decor, cleanliness and quietness of the facility. Raina had a washer and dryer available, as well as beach chairs, toys, etc. for a dollar or two (on the honor system). She treated us like friends and will come back for another stay and will also recommend it to anyone who will be in the area.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jlesko
Chesterfield and Carrollton, VA
Reviewed 6 October 2009

My sister and I have been searching for the perfect place and we think we found it. Great service and so clean. Thanks to all of the staff for going out of your way for us. (it rained one afternoon and we had left our beach towels out to dry, Raina took them in for us and told us where they were when we returned) We will certainly be back next year!!! Thanks!!

• Stayed August 2009
1 Thank sisterpalooza
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed 21 September 2009

The staff was very friendly and made you feel like part of their family. The rooms were convenient and clean. Proximity to the beach was incredible and the lot the motel is on is great for kids! The room was cleaned everyday and towels replaced if left on the floor. Although I traveled by myself I would definitely return with my family to enjoy a relaxing vacation. I travel weekly and stay at corporate chain hotels (Hiltons, Marriotts) and have to say that I enjoyed staying at the Beach Haven Motel moreso than any of the corporate chains. For those reviews that knock the motel I have to say, why would you go to the beach and spend your time inside a room. The beach is literally 50 feet from the property! I will be a definite return visitor in the future!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed 19 August 2009

The rooms were spacious and clean and included a microwave, frig and Culligan water cooler. The beach was right across the street about a minutes walk away. There was a nice raised deck to watch sunrises and sunsets. Ample parking in the rear. The manager was very helpful.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gsquaredUrbana_IL
Grove City, Ohio
Reviewed 25 July 2009

I contacted Beach Haven based on a referral from AAA. I spoke with Raina to inquire about reservations and while on the phone the one impression that I was left with me was, "Personal Service". I tend to reward businesses small and large who can demonstrate the ability to value their clients.

Upon our arrival, we were greeted promptly and given a quick tour of the facilities. Our room was as expected...clean, proper room temperature, towels, hot water, and a comfortable bed. The grounds of the Motel were also well kept.

So here's my story on why I felt the need to write a review. I am a professional photographer from Grove City, Ohio who was on assignment for a prestigious wedding in the Outer Banks. During the week, I had scheduled family photoshoots on the beach. My $500 Canon flash decided to get tangled up in my neck strap (my fault) and it broke. As a professional photographer, you always carry back up. But if I use the back up during the wedding, then I have no back up to the back up. Additionally, the back up flash was not as reliable as my other flash.

So I got the phone book out and discovered that there were no Pro Camera Shops in the Outer Banks. I went to the office to ask Raina for the location of the nearest major city that would have Best Buy or something of that nature....Chesapeake/Virginia Beach area....2 hours away. I didn't have 2 hours to drive their and 2 hours to drive back. (due to time the stores closed that night and openned the next morning)

Raina knew her mother would be passing by Virginia Beach the next afternoon on her way to Kitty Hawk. Raina got on the internet and contacted the nearest Ritz Camera and Best Buy to where her mother would be traveling. We ended up having Best Buy hold the flash and we made arrangements for payments. Her mother went to Best Buy that night to purchase the flash and she arrived 3 hours earlier to Kitty Hawk than she had originally planned the next morning so that I could have the flash for the wedding which started before Noon.

Please don't get lost in the story. Here's the key: I never asked Raina to do any of this...she volunteered to help on her own.

I encourage you to reward personalized service in any industry where possible. And I recommend Beach Haven Motel in Kitty Hawk for your stay in the Outer Banks.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront
John Yancey Oceanfront Inn
John Yancey Oceanfront Inn
#13 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills

Been to Beach Haven? Share your experiences!