“We'll be back!”

Ranked #4 of 68 Restaurants in Kitty Hawk
Price range: US$9 - US$21
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We're a locally owned shellfish market and oyster bar offering the freshest, local seafood in the Outer Banks. Our specialty is blue crabs and steaming is always free. Eat in or Take out. Open year-round 7 days a week from 11:30 am to 9:00 pm. For more information, please visit our website.
“We'll be back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We went for lunch. Just what a steam bar should be - no frills, sit at the bar and "get yo eat on". Great service from Morgan!

IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review for us. Morgan will be excited that you enjoyed her service. Have a great day!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Simple & Fresh”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

This is the best place for local seafood! We get carry out 3-4 times during our week long vacations. The flounder and fried scallops are amazingly fresh and delicious. I am not a crab eater but my husband loves the soft crab sandwich. The place does have some tables and counters for picking crabs but the place is not large. We prefer to call ahead and pick up our order.

• Visited July 2014
IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
We really appreciate you coming multiple times during your vacation. As you know, calling ahead is the best way to get takeout. It'll shorten your wait so much. We hope to see you again the next time you're in town. Have a great day!
Oceanport, New Jersey
“I could not stop eating the oysters - bring another dozen!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Being from New Jersey (booooo) I am used to going out to eat and ordering oysters and paying about $12 for a half dozen and $18-24 a dozen. This is the norm. I'm a big fan of oysters cooked or raw (mostly raw) and when I started driving around the outer banks and seeing oysters every which way for MUCH less $$$, I put the feed bag on. I sampled oysters all over while touring up and down the island. My favorite place - and the one the I revisited about 4 times in 2 days - was I Got Your Crabs shellfish market and oyster bar.
You sit at the bar counter and order oysters and they dump out a bunch on parchment paper right in front of you and start shucking. Or they steam up a batch and then open them in front of you. So delicious. The best part. . . $5 a dozen. For all of you from the Northeast, let me repeat that. . . $5 a DOZEN. I think I had about 5 dozen that first day and then came back for more.
Just as good as the oysters (I wanted to say better but how can you get better than fresh shucked oysters?) is the she crab soup and maybe one half step below that is the oyster stew. Their soups are amazing. Be warned - if you have too much of the she crab soup, you will run out of room for the dozens and dozens of oysters.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Doug P
IGYCOBX, Manager at I Got Your Crabs Shellfish Market and Oyster Bar, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
We really appreciate you being a repeat customer especially on such a short trip! I love how much you enjoyed our oysters and soups. I know you'll be back next time you're in town. I hope it's soon!
Kitty Hawk, North Carolina
“Good and not expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

I love going her for lunch or dinner. There is sometimes a wait because the place is small but it is def worth it! The staff is always friendly and the food is always great! You have to get the hush puppies with the brown sugar dipping sauce, its amazing!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Ciera C
It's great to see a review from a local. Thank you for taking the time to do that. Did you know that the sweet potato fries come with the same dipping sauce as the hushpuppies? You'll have to try them next time you stop by. Have a great day.
“Great seafood fast and with a...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Great seafood fast and with a smile! Everyone was super friendly, order 8+ pounds of crab legs (had a great selection as we'll), oysters and hush puppies and they had our order ready in less than 15 minutes. Will definitely be back, keep up the good work!

Visited July 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review on our TripAdvisor page. It's great to hear how much you enjoyed your food and service. The snow crab legs were a great choice!