“Nice spot. Convienent. Will stay again”

Baymont Inn & Suites Kitty Hawk Outer Banks
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Kitty Hawk
Reviewed 2 August 2014

1) I just returned from my trip to the Outer Banks. Booking only a few days before my visit with my family, I was somewhat limited in my choices. I have stayed at several Holiday Inn Expresses and have not been disappointed. This seemed a logical choice as many other places had questionable reviews with spotty service and other issues being possibilities.

My main concerns in a hotel? Clean room, breakfast, safe surroundings, and a super hot shower with good water pressure. This hotel hit all 4 check marks. No smoking and no pets is a plus with us having kids with allergy issues. The staff was exceptionally friendly. I ended up next to the elevator, which was actually added to the hotel after initial construction so it is somewhat "detached" as in it protrudes from the main hallway. Anyways, I had no issues with elevator noise, or the icemaker, which is pretty cool seeing as I usu avoid these rooms whenever possible.....

Beach access was very easy. Exactly 170 steps down a nice sandy trail. Cross a road, And you're there. Look at my "beach access" pic, and you'll see the trail and the house at the end of it where the beach is. Crystal clear water. No issues with surrounding businesses. I was fortunate enough to be on the beach side but also noted no issues with road noise in the front as the hotel is off of the main road by a few hundred feet. Pool was big enough. Shower on back of hotel. Wish they had a foot wash at entry to pool also but understand logistically that might be difficult to do.

Breakfast was pretty typical for HIE. Pancake maker, fruit, cereals, cinnamon rolls, coffee, tea, eggs, sausage, muffins, bagels, toast, etc. Cookies in the afternoon

Would I stay again? Absolutely. Are prices higher on the Outer Banks? Of course. It's a prime location. Are there a million things to do and a beautiful beach nearby? Yep!

Room Tip: Top floor. Oceanside.
3  Thank Jay1234
Lani6120, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Kitty Hawk Outer Banks, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Jay B,
Thank you for taking the time to write an awesome review about the Holiday Inn Express Kitty Hawk. This was music to our ears, to hear that everything you experienced with us was exceptional. Glad you enjoyed your room, our breakfast and our short walk to the beach. Again, thank you and we look forward to your next with us.
lgoodwin

There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Kitty Hawk Outer Banks

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Had a great time for our 4th time staying here!! The hospitality is always great as well as the breakfast served in the mornings! I guess if I had a wish it would be that there was a deck where you could sit in the mornings and looked at the ocean while drinking coffee or if there was a deck or gazebo outside. :)

Room Tip: Good view of the ocean on second floor!!

Dear BarryS,
Thank you for an awesome review about the Holiday Inn Express Kitty Hawk. We are so excited that you have choosen to stay with us 4 times and that our staff gave you excellent service. They will be so excited to read your review. Again, thank you and we look forward to your next visit with us.
lgoodwin

Reviewed 27 July 2014

If you are staying anywhere on the Outer Banks, you can expect hotel prices to reflect the fact that there is a scarcity of rooms. So any reviewer who complains about the price/location shouldn't be taken too seriously -- it's all about location and supply and demand.

The hotel is clean and fairly new, and the staff was some of the friendliest I've encountered at a hotel. The breakfast buffet was far beyond a "continental" breakfast, featuring a good variety of hot and cold breakfast staples. Yes, it is a short walk to the beach across a small two-lane highway, but we knew that based on looking at a map. If you want beachfront, you'll pay more than this hotel. And there aren't many options in OBX.

All in all, based on what was available, it was more than adequate, and I would recommend it.

2  Thank Go_Cubs_Go_Titans
Lani6120, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Kitty Hawk Outer Banks, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Thank you writing a comment about the Holiday Inn Express Kitty Hawk. We are so delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and enjoyed our wonderful breakfast bar. I will share your comments with my staff as they love reading comments that our guest write. Again, thank you and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

First let me say I have never in my life left a negative review. Normally I give places the benefit of the doubt that sometimes they may have a bad day. However this is NOT the case here. My husband and I are Holiday Inn vacation club owners as well as IHG members, we stay at Holiday Inns pretty much everywhere we go. The Holiday in Express in Kitty Hawk may have completely turned us off of ever using one again. We booked a weeks vacation here and planned on doing the beach thing our whole, (the whole reason for booking a hotel on the beach) but our first day here our son broke his arm and those plans went out the window. We did tough it out for the next 3 days but by Wednesday evening my son was miserable and tired and his arm hurt. We talked to the manager here, Renee who pretty much smiled as she told us we couldn't check out early with out still being charged. I then spoke to the GM Lani Goodwin who told us the same thing. I am unsure why in the world NO ONE could help us or work with us to let us check out 1 day early. We are limited on the vacation time we get and we are active duty military so not a lot of funds to just give up the $200+ we would lose. I feel trapped here.

To make matters worse the Hotel is in bad need of upgrades. The carpets have seen better days, the breakfast area is so small there is no room to sit and eat. We got a call from the front desk to tell us to please close the shower curtain because the room below us was getting leaked on! No one was even in the shower at the time but I am sure our shower curtain should not be the reason the room below us was leaking. There was a bandage on the ceiling covering a hole.

I wouldn't have even complained about those things but here I am TRAPPED with a nine year old that can't go to the beach.

Book at your own risk!!!

Room Tip: Walls are paper thin so try to stay on the top floor and not near the stairwell or elevator. Better...
4  Thank mistyschoenly
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Kitty Hawk Outer Banks, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear mistyschoenly,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club member and for leaving us a feedback. Providing excellent customer service is one of the things we pride ourselves on and we are sorry to read that in this case you feel we have fallen short of your expectations. We would love to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay.

We look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel does not do the HIE name justice. Because of the location, it is expensive (I stayed on points and used more than at most other properties). It was disappointing that the hotel is not oceanfront, but requires a bit if a walk and road crossing to get to the beach. The room was adequate, but it and the public areas have seen better days. Long overdue for a facelift! Not dirty, but crumbling.

Staff were very welcoming and helpful...they deserve a nicer, more up to date working environment.

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank BlueHorizons1
Lani6120, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Kitty Hawk Outer Banks, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear M Y,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Holiday Inn Express Kitty Hawk. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. And just to let you know we are do for our remodel this winter to be completed by April 2015. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Second time at this property. As with first visit: Large, clean room. All in good working order. Decent breakfast. Very cheeful staff. Good location for beach. Two excellent restaurants right nearby. We enjoyed ourselves ... again ... and will be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Robbie46117
Lani6120, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Kitty Hawk Outer Banks, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Robbie46117,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Holiday Inn Express Kitty Hawk. We are so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next stay with us while visiting the Kitty Hawk area.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Not the best hotel on the Island. I used points and I have stayed in nicer Holiday Inns before. I will say it is safe and the rooms were decent. So I rate it average since I could not find anything bad about the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jason M

Dear Jason M,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Holiday Inn Express Kitty Hawk. We do value your comments and have shared them with our upper management team. Again, thank you and we hope to see you again while visiting the Outer Banks/Kitty Hawk area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kitty Hawk
Hilton Garden Inn Outer Banks/Kitty Hawk
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devil Hills
Travelodge Outer Banks/Kill Devi...
#5 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfront
Ramada Plaza Nags Head Oceanfron...
#6 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Sea Ranch Resort
Sea Ranch Resort
#1 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Comfort Inn On The Ocean
Comfort Inn On The Ocean
#12 of 18 in Kill Devil Hills
Holiday Inn Express Nags Head Oceanfront

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Kitty Hawk Outer Banks? Share your experiences!