“Whining about Wine.”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Whining about Wine.”
Reviewed 21 January 2012

The people are great, the shop small but it has some unique buys at a decent price. The wine is very disappointing. There is an odd metallic taste to all wines (though the "Knot Bad Wine" is really not bad at all!). Priced high, you'll want to pour most bottles down the drain rather than drink them.

Prince George, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“This winery is closed”
Reviewed 20 July 2011

My husband and I took a day trip to Knott's Island and planned on visiting the two wineries located there. When we arrived at Martin's Vineyard we were inform the the owner of Moonrise Bay had become ill and had to close last year. Sure enough when we drove by there was a sign posted . We were disappointed. It certainly was worth the drive to just go to Martin's.

Visited July 2011
4 Thank bbynrs_02
A TripAdvisor Member
“get the tour from Oakey”
Reviewed 15 August 2005

This was my second trip to moonrise bay and I was a little disappointed. My first trip was in 2004 we started with the tasting, the glasses were poured generously and the staff was very knowledgeable. After the tasting we moved to the tour, guided by Oakey. We sampled the new wines which were fermenting, and tasted grapes off the vine. It was a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon, and was well worth the $5 it cost. In 2005 we returned and I was disappointed at the changes that had been made. The cost was still $5 but the glasses were poured with less than a shot, and I was promised a tout 3 times but it never happened. I guess it just depends on when you go. Over all the wine is superb and I would recommend going if you are in the Hampton roads area.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member