“Okay, it's a bargain...I guess” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blue Marlin Beach Lodging

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kure Beach
Blue Marlin Beach Lodging
NC
“Okay, it's a bargain...I guess”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2010

Been going to this area and stayed at Blue Marlin sporatically since 1997. They really need to get rid of the carpet and the awful plain upholstered furniture that's been there since we started going. They are nice people, but the places really need to be updated. Carpet and sand don't mix. Some units (use to anyway) have carpet in the cooking and dining area. Yuk. Popcorn plaster falling off of ceiling. Yes, they try to keep it clean, it just needs refurbished.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank macygrayson

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
NW North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2010

After searching for a place to stay and feeling like everything else was too expensive or I was unsure of the quality, I found the Blue Marlin online. Then I remembered my daughter's family had stayed there. Feeling better knowing someone had stayed here whose comments I trusted, I called and inquired of the rates and availability. Gilbert (the owner) was so very nice and made me feel at home before I even got there. My girlfriend and I wanted a nice quiet break from routine. Blue Marlin was perfect for us. There are 2 separate bedrooms, a nice large kitchen/dining/living room, and a full bath. This place was exceptionally clean, my bed was VERY comfortable (firm mattress) and the pillows were plump, very good water pressure, easy to operate heating/cooling system, many channels on the TV, and the pros list goes on. I do wish there had been more closet space, but that was the only thing I would change. The place we stayed (duplex #6) was not directly on the beach. We had a view but had to walk about a block and a half to get to the beach access. No problem with that for us. I think they do have property that has direct beach access. The pier is only a short walk (3 blocks). Grocery, restaurant, and shopping within a few minutes drive. Gilbert and Karen are exceptionally great people and will do what it takes to make you happy. I highly recommend Blue Marlin Beach Lodging.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2008

We decided at the last minute to go to Kure Beach NC we've been there twice before and loved it's a GREAT FAMILY BEACH. I found the Blue Marlin Beach Lodging on the Kure Beach web site and looked at their photos of the apartments they have which are great pictures of the inside of what they offer and was really pleased with their prices also , I called them the next morning and they had just what we needed for our family so we reserved apartment 3.On the way there I made the comment what if it's a rat hole cause so many other hotels I looked at on the web sites were dumpy run down looking buildings or were extremely over priced for the appearance of the outside when we seen them as we passed by while there, well was I ever surprised the apartment was immaculate and smelled so clean. I went prepared to have too clean the bathroom but it was spotless and Gilbert and Karen Alphin the owners are extremely nice and so friendly they make you feel so at home you don't want to leave, the apartments are insulated so good that you can't hear anything from the other apartments and the view of the ocean from your living room window is breath- taking, it's also very convenient to the Kure Pier and other stores within walking distance and 2-3 blocks up the street is a 24hr laundry mat which was exceptionally clean with drop off service that was cheap. The only down side is it doesn't have a pool but for the price and cleanliness and piece you get it's worth giving up the pool. So if your interested in a GREAT BEACH VACATION you need to go to Kure Beach NC you will LOVE it and want to go back.

• Liked — cleanliness,price,hospitality
  • Disliked — no pool
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank samlilman
#5 of 6 in Kure Beach
Surfside Lodge Oceanfront
Surfside Lodge Oceanfront
#12 of 19 in Carolina Beach

Been to Blue Marlin Beach Lodging? Share your experiences!