“Prices are up, portions down”
Review of Kure Beach Diner

Kure Beach Diner
Ranked #3 of 7 Restaurants in Kure Beach
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Kure Beach Diner was established in January 2012. Owned by Beach House Burgers, LLC. We serve breakfast, lunch and dinner daily.
“Prices are up, portions down”
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We have always enjoyed this place for lunch or a quick dinner. Their new menu has brought with it higher prices and fewer side options. Hushpuppies are free and good. Portions of entrees were small and they piled on the fries to make up for it. $85 for a family of 4 for hamburg steak and fried seafood was a bit much. For a small diner atmosphere, I expect more reasonable prices. We paid only a little more at Freddies the next night and had wine and food leftover.

2 Thank Lori J

Wilmington, North Carolina
“few food gigant price with poor service”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

you pay too much money to get few food, poor service and a confined space. the only good thing was the location and the free parking.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank cladiaflore5
Greensboro, NC
“Great family diner”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is just a good family diner. No frills, but great inexpensive food. I don't eat seafood, so can't rate on that, but my husband says the shrimp burger is great. They have a great club, burger, homestyle vegetables, but my favorite is their fabulous hush puppies. Regardless of what u order, they always bring out a few hush puppies to munch on while waiting for your meal. And they will bring extras if u like. I have been there for breakfast too which is very good and both their toast and biscuits are delicious!

• Visited December 2013
Durham, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,129 helpful votes
“probably should have gone for breakfast”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I see many great reviews for breakfast. We were there for dinner and it was a little disappointing. My husband got the flounder and shrimp and he said it was awesome. My meal wasn't that great. The black-eyed peas tasted watered down but a little salt on them helped. My fried squash was soggy so I pulled off the breading thinking the squash would still be good. It wasn't. First of all it wasn't the right color (looks like it was frozen too long). It was a little tough and had a strange taste (did they fry them on the same place they fry the fish? However, the hush puppies were awesome. I wouldn't go back for dinner unless I tried some of the sandwiches. If we are in the area again for breakfast I would also give it a second try. If you are there at low tide be sure to drive right down the road to Ft. Fisher and walk on the coquina outcrop of rocks on the beach and look for hermit crabs and other interesting things. The service was fast and friendly.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank cheryl h
“The best grits ever”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

We live here and eat here often. The grits are the best I've ever eaten and the cook knows how to fry eggs. The staff is friendly and helpful.

• Visited February 2014