“Great location, spotless room - will most CERTAINLY come back!”
Review of Kure Keys Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kure Beach
Kure Keys Motel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Kure Beach
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Based on the reviews on this site, I decided to book my stay at the Kure Keys - and I'm SO GLAD I did. Had a wonderful stay: the location is ideal (a few hundred yards from the beach), the staff was very friendly and helpful, and this might have been the cleanest hotel room I've ever had anywhere! The feel of the place is very "old school" - and I mean that in a good, relaxed way. Cinder-block walls, actual KEYS for your room - not a card to slide! - and air conditioning units in the wall, not central air - to ME, that says "non-chain beach motel," which was EXACTLY what I wanted. In fact, I'm already trying to figure out when I can come back . . .

Room Tip: I got an efficiency - the refridgerator was full-size, and kept my food/beverages cold, cold, cold...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Kure Keys Motel

Reviewed 6 June 2012

Stayed here last minute during Memorial Day weekend. We were greeted with a warm welcome then were allowed to check out the room since we generally stay at large chain hotels. We are so glad we stayed here! The rooms were cool (AC) and extreamly clean. Room was clean and comfortable with a dorm fridge and tv. Room was a bit dated but that didnt matter to us (I mean we were at the beach and hardly in the room. We were right next to the beach (1 street back) and they had a pool and jacuzzi. There were two chairs for resting and reading right outside the door and the second floor balcony overlooking the ocean was a perfect spot to have dinner. There is a grill that is avail for rent for a reasonable $3 an hour. Directly across the street is a shop for beverages and beach/fishing items. The closest restaurant is about a minute walk down the street. Diner near the pier (about a 3 minute walk) is great for breakfast. Great beach with wide sand area and good waves. Can't say enough good things about this place. I am now planning on spending a week there for summer vacation.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank twstorm
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I brought my 2 teenage children for 2 nights during Memorial Day Weekend, which is all I could afford, both with time and money. We desperately wanted to stay *at* the beach, and Kure Keys was perfect! The owner made accommodations for us since we couldn't do a 3-night minimum...such nice staff and made us feel right at home. I also appreciated coffee in the morning. Great view from the deck upstairs, easy walk to the beach, clean rooms, nice pool, great location. We will definitely go back. It was a little dated, which I enjoyed because it was a retro throw-back to when I stayed at motels with my family when I was a kid -- but a nice wide-screen tv with cable and wifi that worked. Also, it was very clean, which says a lot about a place so close to the beach. I found out about Kure Keys from tripadvisor, so I wanted to leave a comment to help the next person trying to decide. I just hope that doesn't mean I can't get a room the next time I want to get away to the beach.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank C S
Reviewed 19 May 2012 via mobile

We booked two nights here for a mini vacation and loved our stay (: the weather was cloudy and and rainy, but we were able to enjoy the awesome deck overlooking the ocean and the jacuzzi.

Everyone here was super nice and helpful. We were late on our arrival due to storms and the night clerk did not hold it against us! The cleaning lady Jo Ann and Dave were both very friendly also.

Our only small complaints were that the beds and pillows were pretty hard, and on our last night we had some noise issues due to a rowdy family next to us. But by our second night the bed had loosened up big time and we had expected to deal with some rowdy kids during our trip anyways.

The location is GREAT too. Tons of places within walking distance (<2 miles) and a super easy drive to Wilmington also. Not to mention a 2 minute walk to the beach! We will DEFINITELY be coming back to visit later this summer and in summers to come!

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 25 October 2011

I've stayed at Kure Keys a couple of times and have really enjoyed each visit. Rooms are comfortable and clean. It has always been quiet and peaceful there. It is a short walk to the beach. It is conveniently located near the pier. It is a short walk to convenience stores, a few bars/restaurants. I loved the deck that over looks the ocean. That is a great place to take a drink at night and just relax. I recommend Kure Keys! I will be back next year.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank flea_flicker
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Kure Keys is a small motel only a few feet from the ocean. You have an incredible view from the 2nd floor balcony or you can take 30 seconds to walk down onto the beach. The location is perfect to be near the water, the pier and local restaurants. Kure Beach is a nice quiet beach that provides many perfect photo opportunities also, especially sunrise.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank bchgrl58
Reviewed 14 August 2011

My family and I love this place. I have been visiting there for 14 yrs. Their accommodations are always above and beyond. The staff is extremely friendly. I would recommend this facility to anyone who is visiting the island. You will not be sorry if you stay there. David and his staff always want to make your stay comfortable. It is a family atmosphere so you have no problems with taking your children there.

The place is really quaint and just has the most beautiful view of the ocean.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
#5 of 6 in Kure Beach
Drydock Motel
Drydock Motel
#13 of 19 in Carolina Beach

Been to Kure Keys Motel? Share your experiences!