Kure Keys Motel
Moran Motel(Kure Beach)(Great Value!)
US$90
Travelocity
  • Pool
Oceaneer Motel(Carolina Beach)(Great Value!)
US$117
Golden Sands(Carolina Beach)(Great Value!)
US$134
Agoda.com
Drydock Motel(Carolina Beach)
US$101
Travelocity
Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach(Carolina Beach)(Great Value!)
US$162
All reviewshot tublaid backcarolina beachgreat place to stayshort walkmoteloceanpierkurebalconyfallswing
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 January 2014

The motel was quiet and relaxing. The proximity to the beach was what we wanted. It is not a fancy franchise Hotel with new cushion top matresses or french-door refridgerator or a 32 inch flat screen tv. Goto Wilmington or Carolina Beach for that stuff. I wanted quiet and close to the beach for a reasonable price. It was clean and cool for our August trip. The staff were pleasant and very helpful. I would recommend it if you want a motel that is quiet and clean.

Room Tip: No restaurant nor fitness center are attached at the motel. The pool and hot tub are available as is the gas grill. Our upper room was quiet. Off street parking is on site.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Great location and very romantic, but I will never, EVER go there again. I found the staff rude, dishonest and liars. $334 was an expensive lesson to learn about this place. If tripadvisor.com had a rating system less than 1, I would have chosen it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Frogman53
KureKeys, Owner at Kure Keys Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

My response to this "review" is intended for the *honest* users of TripAdvisor, those who hope to rely upon the truthfulness, accuracy and validity of these reviews as they make their travel plans.
We all know people who think that rules are made to apply to others, not themselves. This "reviewer" blatantly violated our very basic and straightforward rules for conduct at my property, much to the detriment of my property and my many other, more civilized guests. This occurred despite having been informed and cautioned, both while making their reservation and several times after arrival. That misbehavior caused them to have to leave the premises. This "review" was simply an attempt at retribution.
I'm tempted to say something like, "Nice try." .......but it really wasn't. Shame on you, Frogman.

Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

I visited this hotel last year and I have been back a few times since. I love coming down and visiting with the owner and managers. They are very friendly and welcoming. This hotel is very relaxing and close to everything you need, restaurants, beach, peir, etc. This truly is "The Reel Kure" if you want some down time away from the stresses of life. I'll definitely be back.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Second time staying at this hotel and love it. Extremely clean and staff is great and easy going. Great view of beach and walking distance to great restaurants boardwalk and pier. Will be back soon and will stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank chris5663
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I started going to the Kure Keys Motel last year and went several times. I have gone several times this year and still going a couple more. It is a small motel, very clean and the hot tub and pool are great! It is so relaxing sitting on the porch overlooking the beach, on the porch in front of your rooms, or in the pool area. If you are looking for a great escape, this is the place!

The rooms are very clean and David and Mark make you feel welcome and glad you are there. The grounds are well kept as well.

Overall, a great experience every time I have gone and never been disappointed!

Wish I was there now.....

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
KureKeys, Owner at Kure Keys Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

:-) Word has it that the fish now start to tremble when you come onto the island with your boat!!!
We *always* look forward to your frequent visits, sir. It is our pleasure!
We may have to just replace the number on "your" room door with your *name*...... ;-)