“Calm and cool............”
Review of Kure Keys Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kure Beach
Kure Keys Motel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Kure Beach
Northern Ohio
“Calm and cool............”
Reviewed 6 July 2009

Great location, a one minute walk to the not particularly populated and very well maintained beach. Perfect!. The room was clean, and the entire facility is well maintained, including the pool and hot tub. Smoker friendly , if you desire, and the rooms are serviced regularly by very competent staff.

The owner, Dave, is very personable, and obviously takes great pride in his hotel. He's very accomodating to special requests, and likes his guests to be cool, his jacuzzi to be hot, and every one to have an enjoyable stay.

First impression you may think the place is a little old, but look again. The paint is fresh, the the bathrooms have clean grout and tile, and nothing shows any wear.

One VERY minor complaint would be the very firm beds.

Take my advice and avoid the big box impersonal hotels. If you are looking for personal service with an owner on site every day who cares about his guests, hit the Kure Keys.

Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
4 Thank yttimS

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
n.c.
Reviewed 6 August 2008

can't wait to be back at my favorite place that I know of.I try to visit Kure Beach each year but only if I can stay at Kure Keys and go to the Jack Mackerls sports bar. They have the best hot wings I have ever eaten. The Kure Keys hotel is the most hospitatble place I have ever been. I can relax by the pool or my husband likes to sit by the fire with the owner or the one on duty. It's like sitting around with old friends. On our way back next week to relax and see the sea turtles and oh yeah go get some hot wings.

Stayed February 2006
1 Thank carp2941
west virginia
Reviewed 21 July 2008

We just spent 5 nights at the Kure Keys Motel. The motel was clean but definitly in need of some updating. All the furniture and decor was from the seventies. Not that we were expecting the Hilton. The burners on the stove top didn't work well. The kitchen had the bare essentials, silverware, basic pots and pans, plates, cups glasses. No extra utensils for cooking like spatula, paring knife, large stirring spoon, baking pans of any type. I am glad I thought to bring along some utensils. So if you are planning to do cooking while you are there pack some extras.
The air conditioningwas a window unit that was loud. Ifnoises like
that bother you then you won't be getting much sleep. The television was also a late model. When you changed channels every other channel was snow and no VCR or DVD player if that is important to you.

The deck overlooking the ocean was very nice. It had a swing, small tables and rocking chairs. You did have to share this with other guest but we had it to ourselves quite a bit because only 2-3 other rooms were rented when we were there. The pool andJacuzzi is also very nice. Since it is a small motel it is true that you don;'t share it with many people. In fact my husband and I had it completely to ourselves every evening from 10p.m. - 11p.m. It is a quite place with great beach access but I think I would be happy to pay a few extra dollars and stay somewhere a little nicer.

• Liked — the pool and jacuzzi
  • Disliked — old, in need of updates
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
4 Thank sunflwrgirl13
Baltimore
Reviewed 21 August 2007

I would like to personally thank Dave and his staff for a wonderful stay. You will not find a better facility in Kure Beach. The Pools were clean(including the Jacuzzi) and the rooms were kept in great shape. If you forget anything, Dave and his staff will take care of you. I spent the entire Summer of 2005 there for work and I have not one complaint. Just ask anyone that is there when you are and I'll bet they are return customers. What better proof do you need? The beach is 100' from the Motel and there is beer,bait and soft ice cream within walking distance. I have 3 beaches I will go to, St.Maartin,Cancun and Kure Beach. Stay in one of the efficiency's upstairs, you'll save money cooking at home and the beach views are spectacular. P.S. Don't forget that Dave will let you rent his Commercial gas grill per day. They will outfit you with all the utensils you will need. Just love it.

• Liked — The Greatest Beach in North America !!!
  • Disliked — I wish they would allow pets in some rooms.
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
6 Thank Toby_Soprano
Pittsburgh PA
Reviewed 10 August 2007

It's true...you get what you pay for. This certainly for a beach motel is one of the more inexpensive ones at $108.. a night with a 3 night minimum. But I think I woyuld have liked to have seen this motel have a little scrub down. Bed and pillow was really uncomfortable air conditioner was working but so loud, because it is so old. I just felt dirty here. Positive things were the closeness to the beautiful Kure Beach and the pool and jacuzzi. I would have like to have seen at least a coffee maker or hairdryer, oh yes no internet access when the owner said he had it. Yikes !

• Stayed August 2007, travelled solo
3 Thank Bookiegirl
kentucky
Reviewed 9 July 2007

Just got home from a week long vacation in Kure Beach, we stayed at the Kure Keys Motel and I will DEFINATELY stay again. The staff was wonderful, very attentive and friendly. The small size of the motel is perfect, it's very quiet and uncrowded. The pool and jacuzzi were wonderful and maintained very well. The rooms are spacious and the kitchen was well stocked. If you want a small, quiet, friendly and affordable place to stay in Kure Beach, I would recommend this motel.

• Liked — The quietness and staff
  • Disliked — no internet access
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
6 Thank valyn
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 May 2006

we really loved this motel we tryto stay here every year that we go to the beach. the staff is so nice to you they make you feel at home. i would recomend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2004
#4 of 6 in Kure Beach
Drydock Motel
Drydock Motel
#11 of 19 in Carolina Beach

Been to Kure Keys Motel? Share your experiences!