“Never again.....” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Seven Seas Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kure Beach
Seven Seas Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Kure Beach B&B and Inns
mount airy, nc
“Never again.....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2011

Ok. Here it is. Straight forward. Moms and teens, you can't use your hairdryer. It blows the room fuse and you have to go to the office and have them reset the breaker. My room fuse blew at 4:30pm and at 11:45pm, the office had still not reset the breaker. the office was closed at that time, and we had to go to the owners apt to find them to reset the breaker so we could have lights and power and much needed air conditioner. Also, kids are not allowed to JUMP into the pool. They are required to use the steps to enter the water. Jumping results in management coming to the pool and confronting the child, not the parents and the situation can get ugly. The pool is heavily "patrolled" by the management. They are watching the pool and all of the property with cameras everywhere. Don't stay here and then say, "ooooo I should've listened to travelmama37!"

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank travel_mama37

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Dunn, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2011

During a day trip to Kure Beach, we walked into the Seven Seas Office and reserved our 2-nite stay during a peak week. After we booked, I checked the reviews here. Honestly, I was worried by what I read. We decided we'd focus on the positive and make our own call at the end of it.

Overall, we were pleased. My husband's comment was, "this is a family-run beach hotel that's been here forever. It's not the Ritz Carlton." If you're looking for a fancy resort vacation, this is not your place. If you're like us and you want a safe, clean, friendly place to stay and be right on the beach, have a pool, and not really need to drive your car anywhere once you get there--This is the perfect spot.

Kure Beach is one of several of NC's beaches that seems untouched by time and commercialism--& Seven Seas is part of that charm.

Yes, the place has some years on it, but it was obvious to us that the owners maintain and update the rooms, that they put their money back into the business. They've tiled the bathrooms, there are 2" blinds on the windows, the mattresses were very comfortable, the decking and steps are made of the hi-tech boarding, not wood (yay, no splinters for our 3 year old), they have a shower at both the beach access and the pool area.

For a summer weekend get-away, the value was great, the location was perfect, and we had a wonderful time. The wi-fi was reliable and my husband was able to get some work done while we were there. Our room had a fridge and a coffee maker. A nice addition to rooms without a kitchen would be a microwave. On a personally-finicky note: I'm hoping that the next item on the list to update at the Seven Seas is the towels...they were clean, I just think that it's time for some of them to be retired. I LOVE good quality, thick towels at a hotel... I frown a little when towels are small, seem worn or aren't very soft...but that's just a personal quirk. It WON'T keep us from staying here again. I'm certain we'll be back.

Notes on Kure Beach: There's a great playground 4 blocks or so back from the beach, wonderful restaurants, and it's close enough to Carolina Beach that if you WANT the boardwalk cheesiness you're only minutes away. I think my husband has fished on every pier in NC, and he's decided he really likes Kure's--no alcohol allowed, one rod per person, reasonable pier fee... only problem was there was nothing biting!

I hope you'll give Seven Seas a chance if you're looking for a place to stay at Kure.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank JRaeJ
Walt Disney World, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

Beware.....They will tell you they have a particular room available then when you get there they change it up on you...We stayed here last year while visiting family that lives in Wilm. The room was dated with old furniture, cracked window and bugs in the window sills. The floor was sandy, and the kitchen was limited on utensils. No paper towels, soap, etc. The handle to the shower fell off when I turned the faucet on. And the AC was only in one room. We requested linens for the pullout couch that we finally received at 11pm. after several requests at the office. Then the owners son "stalked" me and my niece as we were out on the beach benches talking. He was riding in circles around the block watching us and interegating my oldest son that was outside talking on his phone. Unusual that they will not allow your pets there but theirs is allowed to swim in the pool...Gross...I would NOT recommend this place to anyone...

Room Tip: Go somewhere else....
  • Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
7 Thank Carolinagirl3112

Travellers are raving about these Kure Beach hotels

Salisbury, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

we have stayed here a few times, not sure why, just thought maybe we had picked a bad time to stay and that the next attempt to be better. never again. i can't even list all the things that have been wrong with the stays. the prices quoted on the phone have never been the same when we get there. we have yet to get the room we requested. the management has been more then rude every time and most importantly. the owners watch the girls and children in the pool on monitors from their office and home. I was told this by the management, with out them knowing that is was actually my family and sisters in the pool and judging by the comments that where made they are not doing this for the safety of the children or their property. they should be in jail, not running and nasty hotel. i have never rated any other business, but i felt it was my duty to let parents know what was going on. there are many other places to stay in kure beach

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank gostraight74
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2011

Bugs in our room and bed. Very nasty and had not been cleaned. Had to leave in the middle of the night with my two toddlers and drive home due to bugs in our bed. Then was offered no refund. Only a discount on our next stay as if we will ever stay again.

• Stayed March 2011
      Location
      Rooms
6 Thank klm1104
Raleigh, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2010

Room felt very dirty, the coffee cups were so grungy we couldn't use them. Bathroom, tiles cracked floor and grout disgustingly dirty. Tub and shower were so old and they tried to cleaned with harsh chemicals that left stains all over and it still wasn't clean. All of the faucets, mirrors and hardware were so tarnished and grungy, we had to go buy Lysol to spray everything in the room (they have a no refund policy!) The furniture was extremely worn out. The lock on the adjoining room door didn't lock properly and the outside entrance door didn't have a second lock.

On the up side the mattresses were very nice. They also have newer flat screen TVs and a small refrigerator.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
6 Thank LenCicero
Jackson Springs
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2010

Have stayed at this property several times and always had a good experience. Called to book a room and would not honor the rates posted on thier website and was extremely rude on the phone. I will find another place to stay on my fishing trips.

Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Hampton Inn & Suites Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach
Surfside Lodge Oceanfront
Surfside Lodge Oceanfront
#12 of 19 in Carolina Beach

Been to Seven Seas Inn? Share your experiences!