“racisum the worst thing i had ever experienced in my whole life”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Seven Seas Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kure Beach
Seven Seas Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Kure Beach B&B and Inns
Knightdale, North Carolina
“racisum the worst thing i had ever experienced in my whole life”
Reviewed 4 August 2012

OMG i am a mom of five childern the youngest 6mths oldest 10 we went to kure beach to enjoy the arrival of my mother n-law and wow we were basically checked in to our room ready to unwind and relax when out of the blue the owner stays u all cant stay here no u must have 2 rooms for all u ppl. Heres the deal breaker he SAYS:"thats the problem HISPANICS always say they have maybe 6ppl and it ends up being 10-12 who actually try to stay. Wow now i'm black and my family is mixed with hispanic. Now that wasnt the worst yet, my three yr old needed to use the restroom so the kids are in the room already as i was in the mist of unloading the van when the owner approached me. now he yelled at my kids and said no u cant use the bathroom every body out now go get out now. so my three yr old went on himself, cring and screaming as his older brother is trying to get him down to me the owner still yelling get out now. after all that i felt like an indentured slave bc the childern used the restroom he wanted us to pay to have the rooms cleaned again. both my sister n- law and i said we do house cleaning for a living so give us the stuff we will clean and give us back all our money. His kid kept the money till we finished cleaning and he got the word from his dad. this i will never ever recommend that any one with dignity nor the ability to stay some where else to even step foot into this place. take heed to all these reviews and strike againt this business bc they dont deserve even one customer. also for two rooms almost eight hundred dollars for two days and the rooms werent clean at all after we cleaned it was left in better condition than we found it. STAY AWAY i hope no one else has a take abuse from these ppl in the future. i hadnt never been mistreated like i had here.............LOS LATINOS NO pasas por este lugar son racistastas.....................................

Room Tip: Atlantic toweres the best place, and treatment ever, higher cost but the best location and price wil...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
12 Thank kim p

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Mebane, NC
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We stayed here for the weekend and were not satisfied this time. We have stayed here before and have been happy but this time we saw another side to the owner. The problem started when we asked for an extra set of bath towels. There were only a set each for two us and had been on the beach all day and were going to shower that night and again early the next morning before check out. The gentleman ask us how many sets do we use a day at home that he uses the same towel for a week. Well first of all I am not spending $159.00 a night to stay at home and expect clean towels to shower when we ask did not need the extra lecture. Do not think what we asked for was anything out of the ordinary. They need to have a broom in the rooms that have tile floor since there is sand at the beach and it is going to track in. I might stay here again since there are limited places to stay here but I will not be as nice to him next time if he starts to lecture me, I respect older people but I expect the same in return.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
11 Thank NCTARHEEL001

Travellers are raving about these Kure Beach hotels

Durham, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We called to set reservations 2 weeks before arriving. I was told on the phone that we were getting a 2 bedroom with a kitchen for 2 nights for a certain price. So I show up and the owner tell me a different price and because it was a busy weekend I decided to pay the $46 bucks difference and everything would be fine. No, everything was not fine. We were showed to our room with turned out to be a 1bedroom with a queen sleeper in the kitchen. Wow I was more that disappointed at this time. I confronted the owner and he only want to argue with me saying that he never told me they had a 2 bedroom. I wont even go into how dirty the rooms were. We have already paid so lets just try to have fun right..... NO. We had family staying in a near by hotel and had them over for dinner and a swim, the owner comes running out and said are these people registered guest, I told him the were family and were going home shortly(it was only 7pm) he said no the would have to leave the property right now. So they did.
On our second day there around 5:30 ish we were eating dinner and got up to wash my hands and there was no water. We were water-less until around 11pm. After check out and we were loading up our vehicles I was confronted by the owner saying he "was going to charge my credit card $25.00 dollars more because what ever we cooked in there, the smell is all in the carpets and bedding and would take 2 ladies and 2 days to get that smell out of there." We ate pancakes in the morning and ham sandwiches for lunch WHAT ARE YOU KIDDING ME. I called the bank and canceled my card hope he has fun trying to get that $25.00, if anything he owes me. Terrible

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
10 Thank Yazmin G
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 May 2012 via mobile

This was our first trip to Kure Beach and when we saw the grounds of Seven Seas we knew that was the place for us. Nicely decorated rooms, comfortable bed, big shower stall, mini fridge, ceiling fan, and lots of windows. Ocean front with easy beach access. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012
4 Thank sandyg329
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Just got back this weekend from Kure Beach. Seven Seas Inn has many rooms with good views of the beach, ocean, and fishing pier if you want one, (or just good rooms close to everything, if you just want a reasonable, nice, clean place to stay. ) Rates vary depending on location and what you need...they have it all.

Personally, we love to fish, so this location was perfect for us... you could easily walk to the pier in 2 minutes or less...and we also could see what was happening on the pier...from our outside chairs on our second floor deck, so we knew exactly when the fish were biting.

Also, Seven Seas Inn is quiet, yet still in the heart of the town...close to a number of good seafood and Italian places to eat, a few local bars, and convenience stores, all within easy walking distance. Also, this hotel is just 10 minutes by car to Fort Fisher, Fort Fisher Aquarium, and a great beach down that way, too. But the beach outside this hotel, is fine, also, the only thing we are not that keen on is there is a small one way, one lane road between you and the beach with angle parking. No big deal to us, but for those wanting DIRECT beach access with nothing in between, here's your heads up on that. They are also rebuilding the small board walk at this time that parallels this road, so you must walk on this road to get to the pier, but traffic is light and this is not a big deal, unless you have a gaggle of children running loose.

But for us and most people for love Kure Beach (for an ocean beach --the way it used to be...no high rises, night clubs, upscale all inclusive resorts,) everything you need is right at your doorstep with this hotel location for a perfect, fun, low key get away.

So if you want FANCY, or a spa like atmosphere, forget this hotel---it won't be for you and most like Kure Beach isn't the right location for you either. Here real folks...all sizes and shapes, all ages, not just 20 somethings...come here to enjoy nature..the water and fishing....that's about it and thus the beauty of this special beach. So don't waste your time coming down here, if that's not what you're looking for....No this beach and this hotel is for the average person who just wants a good beach place to stay at while they are away from their home, not some Luxury get away...which this isn't. But you still get a Nice pool to swim in, if you like that sort of thing, and they have a small BBQ area for your cook outs with tables pool side...and nice touches all around the hotel, like fountains and plants and old fashion lights to give this place a homey feeling.
By the way...
A key was given to us to view our room first....and it was spotless clean.
I also noted their current sanitation score on the wall near the check in desk....the rating is presently 100, perfect, so that made us feel good about staying there.....as we hate grim, bugs, and deteriorating places . And we were happy to have found NONE of that when we were there.

Everything around us, also, seemed to have been updated...nice tiles in the bath, even a new mat at the entrance door.

We liked the convenience, too, of Seven Seas rooms...ours had a full kitchen, and we especially like having the big refrig/freezer for our drinks and to keep ice.

So if you like a well kept place (with no need for an elaborate 5 star modern building) I think you will like this hotel. For us, we agree, it is one of the better ones down there for the price.

Room Tip: Tell the desk what your needs are, and they will give you a key to the room that best services your...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank travelfunretired2000
Hillsville, Virginia
Reviewed 6 January 2012

we have stayed here twice and I guess we just lucked up. Our room was ok, cept there was sand on the floor and it was a stone tile floor, your at the beach, thats gonna happen. The only inconvience we had was when the power went out. It was out a couple of hours so we just went out and found things to do. I did find it amusing swimming with the seagulls in the pool. The owner wasnt so happy about it though. He was out there yelling at the birds to get out of the pool, which they did til he walked away and then a few minutes later they came back. Overall you simply get what you paid for, and thats about what we got. so we were pretty much ok with this place.

Room Tip: ask for the room closest to the pool, it seems to be the nicest one
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tracey H
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 September 2011

The Motel looks great on the website but don't be fooled reviews do matter. I can only blame myself for this one! Upon arrival we were the first ones to check in and being Labor day weekend found this a a little odd but as we were walking to check i in we noticed all the doors on all the rooms were open I think they were cooling the rooms down before folks checked in. The air wasn't on and they were hot! When we checked in they gave us a different room then they told us about and did not want to want to refund our money saying the website says Any cancellations within 21 days of the arrival date will result in Non-Refund of the first night's deposit which is 155 dollars. This is on the rates page not home page and is listed under fine print. We wanted ocean front efficiency and they told us on the phone this would be 12 or 15 but when we got there they wanted more money for these rooms and gave us room 22 which on the website is an ocean view room with an old house in front of you and the ocean. The room smelled musty the sheets and bedspreads looked slept in we were going to wash the sheets the laundry room didn't work so we sprayed with lysol. The water hose didn't work to wash the sand off your beach chairs or shoes. The birds were using the pool as a birdbath feathers and bird poo was all over the place and in the water. Everything was broken or falling down the shower doors in our room fell in on us and the handles fell off and and the commode stopped up and no commode plunger and or no one in office to help. We had an after hours number to leave a message. If you left early and we did your key was to be put in a drop box that you or anyone could reach your hand in and get the key back. We worried that someone might break in the room. Do not stay here if you want a nice clean motel BAD experience and way more costly then the older more seasoned motels which are kept up and clean.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
#4 of 19 in Carolina Beach
Moran Motel
Moran Motel
#5 of 6 in Kure Beach

Been to Seven Seas Inn? Share your experiences!