“Same Awsume Place!”
Review of South Wind Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kure Beach
South Wind Motel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Kure Beach
Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

Having a great time! Clean comfortable room, friendly staff and I could go on and on but the pool is calling me lol. Stay here you won't be sorry! Next to fishing at the pier and all kinds of things to do and places to eat within walking distance. South Wind is #1 in my book! Thanks South Wind!

• Stayed: June 2013
5  Thank Crab5

Reviewed 17 June 2013

stayed at southwinds june 14 - 17 had a great time they made my stay wounderfull room cleaned every day had no problems house keeping was great office people was great they allways make my stay feel like famley will always stay there best place on the island staff always willing to go the extra mile an to me that means a lot excellent place to just relax with worry free service thanks to all the staff an great job; THANKS FROM TONY

Room Tip: all rooms are great i like ocean tront
1  Thank tonyaugust106
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Though we have stayed at Kure Beach many times in the past 30 years, this was our first stay at the South Wind. We wanted to be as close to the pier as possible so we gave the South Wind a try and am glad we did. It was a perfect location. The room was pleasant and clean. Kitchen appliances were well maintained and the linens were in excellent condition and promptly replaced daily. The staff was exceptional, from the first call to confirm our arrival later that day--Trent suggested that our room might even be ready a wee bit early so we would not have to drive around town and wait for the standard check-in time. The remainder of the staff that we had contact with were very helpful and courteous. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Oceanfront 3rd floor gives a great view of the beach, the swimming pool and the pier.
1  Thank angela m
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I made a reservation on June 3rd 2013, for 2 nights.There was talk of a tropical storm that could come up the east coast on Thursday and Friday, but not to severe the forecast was. So I thought that me and my husband could deal with alittle rain and then it was said to move out by 12 noon on friday. Then on Thursday morning as I started packing I was watching the news and they were talking that the forecast for N.C.'s east coast had changed for the worst because of TS ANDREA, They were calling for high winds up to 65 MPH, flooding and Heavy Rains. So I called Southwinds Motel to cancel and was told that since I canceled on the day that I was suppose to check in that I lost my deposit of $129.95. I told ( TRENT) there at Southwinds That i was canceling due to the Tropical Storm that was coming in Thursday afternoon (june6th) and didn't not want to be in the middle of a bad T.S. And i was told by TRENT that I would lose my Deposit because the town had not called for EVACUATIONS. I think this is wrong since what the weather was going to be. I will not every stay there again andI will past this on to everyone that plans on going down to KURE BEACH not to stay at SOUTHWINDS. If they don't recognize the situation with the weather , then they wouldn't recognize any other emergency that might araise on the day you were to check-in and keep your deposit when you call them to cancel. This is my own opinion on the matter.I was in contact with my newphew there in New Hanover CO. around 12:30 p.m. on Thursday (June 6th) and ask him how was the weather at this time and he said it was getting bad. He told me that I made a good decision to cancel the trip because of Tropical Storm Andrea, he should know the situation of the storm and how bad things were going to get there because he is a STATE HIGHWAY PATROLMAN for N.C. there in NEW HANOVERCO.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Marilyn D
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Our family stayed at South Wind for our first time in June 2013. We enjoyed this Motel completely! The rooms were clean and seem to be recently updated. South Wind is close to the beach, they have a fishing pier along with a gift shop that are all within walking distance from the Motel and their customer service is some of the best I have ever experienced. The house keeping ladies were amazing as well! We will being planning another trip soon and we WILL stay in South Winds next time too! Thank you!

Room Tip: The oceanfront floor level rooms have an excellent view, I am adding that because we weren't sur...
1  Thank shellree
Reviewed 5 June 2013 via mobile

Family motel, close to everything, restaurants, fishing on the pier, nice childrens park/playground. You and your family will enjoy staying here and feel safe. The Owners, Trina and Eric are awesome, they will try very hard to make your stay enjoyable. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 30 May 2013

My husband and I stayed here for the first time a few weeks ago. We had a beachfront room. The staff were very friendly and we really enjoyed being able to walk to restaurants, shops, the pier. Very nice family friendly motel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
#4 of 6 in Kure Beach
Surfside Lodge Oceanfront
Surfside Lodge Oceanfront
#13 of 19 in Carolina Beach

Been to South Wind Motel? Share your experiences!