“Family Friendly and in a GREAT Location”
Review of South Wind Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kure Beach
South Wind Motel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Kure Beach
Reviewed 23 September 2013

This was our fist visit to Kure Beach....I don't think we could have picked a better place to stay! Very Clean, Great Location, and Family Friendly! We will defiantly be back again! This is a Beautiful Island!!! I have fell in Love with this place!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank BeckyDeese

Reviewed 20 August 2013

Again THANKS to Trent and all of his staff we had another great stay at South Wind. From the front desk to the house keeping. You could not ask for a better location. the room is very clean and the house keeping kept everything perfect. Don't miss out on a great place to stay at Kure Beach. Thanks Trent, Josh and everyone at South Wind. Blane

Room Tip: All are great rooms
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Blane W
Reviewed 18 August 2013

After an initial mix-up over our reservation, the front desk clerk quickly cleared it up. They typically have a three-day minimum stay on weekends but waived it since they weren't completely booked. The entire place was spotless! The room was very clean and spacious and the staff was friendly and accommodating! Perfect location...within walking distance to everything, and with a beach-front view, we didn't need to go far!

Will stay again and highly recommend this as a perfect beach get-a-way!

Thank you Trevor and Stuart!

Room Tip: Third floor oceanfront!!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed 4 August 2013

We love staying at South Wind. The owners are nice and extra friendly and we have always found our rooms clean. We love coming here in the fall for our fishing trip. It is right beside the pier and if my husband doesn't fell like going I can go by myself. I fell like this is my 2nd home. I love it here. Resturants all around and no need to drive anywhere. Great place in the fall for older couples.

Room Tip: Have my favorite room, don't want to give it away!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hayliegirl
Reviewed 14 July 2013

My friend and I stayed at South Wind Oct/Nov, 2012. We had a 1st floor ocean front room. The view was great. It was exactly what I wanted. I fished, my friend read books. We never moved the car, because we could walk to everything we wanted to do.

My only complaint was that we had a smoking room. I found out when we checked out that they do have non-smoking rooms. Next time I will request one of those room. Otherwise, I will definitely stay again. In fact going to try to book a room today to visit over Veteran's Day.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 July 2013

The staff goes above and beyond!!! They were always friendlly and willing to help in anyway! Kuddos to them. The rooms were very clean and neat. Perfect location, just a short walk to anywhere we wanted to go! We will MOST DEFINATELY be chosing South Wind again!!! We usually stay down the street, but this year decided to make a change, and we are so glad we did!!! Thanks to ALL the staff, you guys deserve 10 instead of 5!!!!

Room Tip: we always like the top floor, so we get the best view of the ocean. Not only did we have a great vie...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank dilleywv
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

Nice place, clean, bed was not very comfortable, great location, walked to pier, arcade, restaurants, Nice Beach.

Stayed in the family suite and had plenty of room for 4 adults and 4 kids. Suite had 3 bathrooms with 2 of them being full. This definitely helped out at bath time. Kitchen was good size. 3 TVs allowed the kids to relax and watch some cartoons while the adults hung out.

Plan to go back in the fall!

• Stayed: June 2013
Wingate by Wyndham Southport
Moran Motel
Moran Motel
#4 of 6 in Kure Beach

Been to South Wind Motel? Share your experiences!