“Another GREAT stay”
Review of South Wind Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kure Beach
South Wind Motel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Kure Beach
Reidsville, North Carolina
“Another GREAT stay”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Trent and the staff was great again. The room was very clean and comfortable. Even with a full motel the room was cleaned at about the same time every day. It was so nice to be able to take the rocking chairs and set and talk with friends that we met a few years back at the motel. Its so nice and quiet at night it just makes it so enjoyable to stay at this great place. If you like to fish or lay on the beach its all just a few steps away.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great from the ocean view to the non ocean view
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Blane W

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My daughter and I traveled this summer and were in Kinston to stop at a famous restuarant but I didn't do my homework and they were closed. So our trip took a turn back south to Kure Beach. That meant another hotel stay and I looked on line and found the South Wind. I had no clue till I arrived that my family and grandparents had last stayed here over 20 years ago. What a trip down memory lane. My grandparents have since passed away but I still remember them being there. My daughter wasn't too thrilled with the accomodations at first because I've spoiled her in nicer hotels but she came around really quick. The hotel was built in the 40's and has survived numerous hurricanes. It's not the hilton but when you're at the beach you don't want to stay in the room all day. Everything was clean. Linens were fresh, plenty of hot water and when our room hadn't been cleaned we were immediately given a clean room. Easy check in and check out. My daughter had a blast being able to go right out the door and hit the beach, go to breakfast or walk the pier.

Room Tip: Be sure to eat breakfast at the cafe across from the pier.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank FaithDriven
Ironton, Ohio
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We have been here all this week and same great service and clean comfortable room at a great price. Granddaughter is having a blast in the pool and the arcade around the corner. Trent and the staff are great! Hate for this week to end.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Crab5
Romney, West Virginia
Reviewed 20 July 2014

great location and clean room. Very courteous staff and respectful fellow vacationers. Mostly very quiet at night which I and my family enjoyed and appreciated. My wife did not like the lack of water pressure in the shower but frankly it did not bother me as I was just glad to be staying where I could see the beach in the morning and night and literally a very short walk to the pier there. The housekeeping was excellent and we were always kept in stock of towels. The pool was cleaned each morning as I witnessed it myself with a cup of coffee sitting in the rocking chairs they provide. The lady that cleaned the pool is a go-getter too she reminded me of a humming bird flying back and forth from her truck with pool supplies working hard as she told me she has a big route each day but she did her job well as I witnessed. This is a great little motel in a great location and with respectful guests on both sides of us we were thoroughly impressed and enjoyed our stay here. I now understand why they are rated so high and I would definitely stay again. Actually I did not want to leave but I the pool lady said I could not have her job, ha. just kidding. thanks much Southwind for a great stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Big D
Elkin
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Loved our room this time. Stayed on third floor oceanfront. We had good hot water. Great location. Love being beside pier and restaurants. Liked that cleaning lady made our beds and layed my sons blanket from home really neat on bed. Had towels every day. Stayed on second floor last trip and the room we stayed in didn't have hot water very well. The only thing I would change about room we stayed in on third floor is maybe new mattresses and stove. Loved flat screen tv. Nice fridge. Nice microwave. Nice bathroom. Loved lights on porch. Loved lighted pool. Had great service this time. Didn't have good experience last trip cause we had a family member pass away at home and had to leave early. We have stayed several times on there side view rooms too and loved them. Even though they are side view you have a great view. It is great staying here because you are so close to pier, ocean, and great restaurants. Pretty good price. Have stayed at Admirals quarters beside South Wind and South Wind is a little cheaper. Admirals Quarters was done really nice extra things for us though for our honeymoon. Like both hotels.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Karlavacation
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Ok... so here is my review of The South Wind Motel. My husband and our 5 yr.old son went there for our sons 5th birthday and we stayed in room 203 which is right there at the top of the stairs where everyone can look right into your window when they get ready to make the turn to go into their rooms ( no privacy) unless you keep your drapes closed at all times, but then you have the great dilemma of not seeing the ocean. Yes, you can go out front of your room and try to find a rocking chair that is unoccupied to sit and relax in (good luck!) Our room was a bit on the stinky side, but maybe that was our fault because we didn't book a nonsmoking room.. so if you don't smoke either and you book this room remember to bring some Fabreeze!! We did have a nice mini vacation though despite some of the things I mentioned above and the staff was friendly and accommodating, the ocean was beautiful and the motel is conveniently located near restaurants and shopping. We might return next year but to a different room.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Dawn S
Winston Salem, North Carolina
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Went 5-31-14 was a great view, clean room, was well worth the money, water was hot, appliances all worked, bed was comfortable, and it was quiet, right on the beach couldn't ask for anything more, will be back next year.

Room Tip: room 311 was great
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
#5 of 6 in Kure Beach
Drydock Motel
Drydock Motel
#12 of 19 in Carolina Beach

Been to South Wind Motel? Share your experiences!