“Our Awesome Beach Experience”
Review of South Wind Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kure Beach
South Wind Motel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Kure Beach
“Our Awesome Beach Experience”
Reviewed 31 August 2014

We switched from North Myrtle Beach to Kure Beach several years ago to get away from the crowds and traffic at a recommendation of a friend. While this might not be the most modern motel, the location, atmosphere, and friendliness of the staff causes us to continue to return numerous times throughout the year

• Stayed August 2014

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Inexpensive. Clean. Friendly staff. Pool was clean. Short walk to beach and pier. Quiet. Watched lightning storms over ocean from my oceanfront balcony. Relaxing. Celebrated our 1 year anniversary here. Nice restaurants near. Just a great place. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank susanandtroy
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Our family have been staying here for 3 straight years now. Location is great and easy to access everything Kure beach has to offer in just a few steps. The rooms are nice and the staff is great. Will be back again next year.

• Stayed July 2014
Reidsville, North Carolina
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Trent and the staff was great again. The room was very clean and comfortable. Even with a full motel the room was cleaned at about the same time every day. It was so nice to be able to take the rocking chairs and set and talk with friends that we met a few years back at the motel. Its so nice and quiet at night it just makes it so enjoyable to stay at this great place. If you like to fish or lay on the beach its all just a few steps away.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great from the ocean view to the non ocean view
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Blane W
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My daughter and I traveled this summer and were in Kinston to stop at a famous restuarant but I didn't do my homework and they were closed. So our trip took a turn back south to Kure Beach. That meant another hotel stay and I looked on line and found the South Wind. I had no clue till I arrived that my family and grandparents had last stayed here over 20 years ago. What a trip down memory lane. My grandparents have since passed away but I still remember them being there. My daughter wasn't too thrilled with the accomodations at first because I've spoiled her in nicer hotels but she came around really quick. The hotel was built in the 40's and has survived numerous hurricanes. It's not the hilton but when you're at the beach you don't want to stay in the room all day. Everything was clean. Linens were fresh, plenty of hot water and when our room hadn't been cleaned we were immediately given a clean room. Easy check in and check out. My daughter had a blast being able to go right out the door and hit the beach, go to breakfast or walk the pier.

Room Tip: Be sure to eat breakfast at the cafe across from the pier.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank FaithDriven
Ironton, Ohio
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We have been here all this week and same great service and clean comfortable room at a great price. Granddaughter is having a blast in the pool and the arcade around the corner. Trent and the staff are great! Hate for this week to end.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Crab5
Romney, West Virginia
Reviewed 20 July 2014

great location and clean room. Very courteous staff and respectful fellow vacationers. Mostly very quiet at night which I and my family enjoyed and appreciated. My wife did not like the lack of water pressure in the shower but frankly it did not bother me as I was just glad to be staying where I could see the beach in the morning and night and literally a very short walk to the pier there. The housekeeping was excellent and we were always kept in stock of towels. The pool was cleaned each morning as I witnessed it myself with a cup of coffee sitting in the rocking chairs they provide. The lady that cleaned the pool is a go-getter too she reminded me of a humming bird flying back and forth from her truck with pool supplies working hard as she told me she has a big route each day but she did her job well as I witnessed. This is a great little motel in a great location and with respectful guests on both sides of us we were thoroughly impressed and enjoyed our stay here. I now understand why they are rated so high and I would definitely stay again. Actually I did not want to leave but I the pool lady said I could not have her job, ha. just kidding. thanks much Southwind for a great stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
#4 of 19 in Carolina Beach
Moran Motel
Moran Motel
#4 of 6 in Kure Beach

Been to South Wind Motel? Share your experiences!