“Head and shoulders above the rest”

Freddie's Restaurante
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Kure Beach
Price range: US$9 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Nice atmosphere, great service and the food was excellent, meal portions were enormous you could feed 2 on 1 entrée, if your looking for Italian around the carolina beach area you must stop here.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Chose this because of TA reviews. Really glad we did. I had called the day before for reservations and was told they do not take them for groups of 6 or less. We arrived the next day right at opening and it filled up fast. They open at 5 so get there early or later to beat the rush.

The food was terrific and the portions are huge. I finished mine, but my wife and daughter had a lot of left overs that we ate back at out condo the next day for lunch.

The service was great and the atmosphere was neat. You would never guess you could find a place like this right next to the beach.

I would

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Food and service is great but the portions are heavy. We could have split a meal and be just fine. There are plenty of nice selections. I would like to see wine choice have some of NC's great wines.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

This truly was one of the best meals that I have ever had in a restaurant. A darling hostess, attentive waiter, small but quaint interior, and excellent food. I did observe one waiter--not ours--who was in my opinion--"tipsy" and rude and nearly ruined our opinion of the establishment. Don't know how such a great place could have one employee that was so bad (perhaps the owners family??).

Would return without a doubt....and refuse to have "Patrick" as our waiter.

1  Thank Charlie A
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Once you enter, you'll not remember that right outside the door is a quaint little beach town. It's made to look very old world Italian. The pork chops are AWESOME! Barb's meatballs are AMAZING! Best to get a little of everything and share around the table. Deserves to be #1 in KB!