“Mixed Bag of Service and Food”

Freddie's Restaurante
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Kure Beach
Price range: US$9 - US$24
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
North Carlolina
“Mixed Bag of Service and Food”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My wife and I have been to Freddie's the last 10 or 12 years and have always rated it as Excellent on TA. We went again this year the week of July 21 and it was a different story. The food was very good..I had Veal Parmesan and wife had Shrimp Scampi...But the service was terrible! We were place in a very small corner booth but got used to that. The waiter took forever to see us and seemed quite disinterested. He didn't bring water as I watched him immediately take water to guests at other tables almost instantly. After taking our order he came back exactly 2 times...To deliver the meal and to deliver the check. Something I have noticed at the restaurants at Carolina and Kure Beach is the servers pay very special attention to the local regulars but not visitors like us. They need to know it is tourism dollars that makes those beaches.

• Visited July 2014

“Head and shoulders above the rest”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

Nice atmosphere, great service and the food was excellent, meal portions were enormous you could feed 2 on 1 entrée, if your looking for Italian around the carolina beach area you must stop here.

Omaha, Nebraska
“Pleasantly Suprised”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Chose this because of TA reviews. Really glad we did. I had called the day before for reservations and was told they do not take them for groups of 6 or less. We arrived the next day right at opening and it filled up fast. They open at 5 so get there early or later to beat the rush.

The food was terrific and the portions are huge. I finished mine, but my wife and daughter had a lot of left overs that we ate back at out condo the next day for lunch.

The service was great and the atmosphere was neat. You would never guess you could find a place like this right next to the beach.

I would

• Visited July 2014
Jonesville, North Carolina
“Great but heavy!”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Food and service is great but the portions are heavy. We could have split a meal and be just fine. There are plenty of nice selections. I would like to see wine choice have some of NC's great wines.

Visited July 2014
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
“Double Pork Chops!”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

This truly was one of the best meals that I have ever had in a restaurant. A darling hostess, attentive waiter, small but quaint interior, and excellent food. I did observe one waiter--not ours--who was in my opinion--"tipsy" and rude and nearly ruined our opinion of the establishment. Don't know how such a great place could have one employee that was so bad (perhaps the owners family??).

Would return without a doubt....and refuse to have "Patrick" as our waiter.

• Visited June 2014