“Best Stay for Your Dollar”
Review of Moran Motel

Moran Motel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Kure Beach
Boonville, North Carolina
“Best Stay for Your Dollar”
Reviewed 7 July 2010

This hotel was awesome! My family enjoyed the stay. Even has little kitchen, very nice for your money. Owners EXTREMELY nice and accomodating, loved the bright colors, so close to the beach it doesn't matter its not oceanfront. I'd rather have cleanliness, hominess,and accomodating over the ritzy hotels. you can't go wrong staying here!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank mom2brecalebcarson

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
North Royalton, Ohio
Reviewed 1 June 2010

Not knowing what to expect because I read only great reviews, I was hoping to be able to write a great review also. The Motel is not on the beach. It is across from the beach but it has great beach access. The owner was great and extremely accomodating. It's not a fancy place but it had everything we needed. A kitchen with large refrigerator to comfortable beds and futon. Seating outside and a nice pool. The one thing I want to let everyone know is this was one of the cleanest motels I had ever been to. Great vacation and would recommend.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank mabihun
usa
Reviewed 22 July 2009

i loved the homey atmosphere. the rooms were large, clean and had great water pressure!!! home away from home. we have been to kure several times and ALWAYS stay at moran motel. i would reccomend it to anyone.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank firefly6970
Yelm, Washington
Reviewed 22 June 2009

My husband and I decided to have a weekend away at the beach, and chose to just find a motel or hotel when we got there, as we were only staying overnight Saturday to Sunday. We have been to Kure Beach once before and loved the quiet, family friendly feel of it, so chose to look for a motel there. When we parked and started walking down where we saw all of the motels, there were very few vacancies, with the few places available costing upwards of $150 for motel. We decided as a last resort to try the Moran Motel, and I am so glad we did!

The motel itself is a mom and pop type motel, very clean and well kept, painted in bright colours. It is directly across the street from the beach, with public beach access being about a one minute walk from the motel!

Our room was very clean, a/c was working great, and the beds were very comfortable! We had a second floor room, number 10, which was two double beds, a sitting area, and a full kitchen. It cost us $110 for the night, which was far cheaper than other places.

If you expect a fancy 4 star hotel, you won't get it here, but this motel was comfortable, very very clean, and perfect for a relaxing time at the beach. It had a pool which we didn't use, as we preferred the ocean, but it looked very nice, a good place to be when the ocean is too rough.

All in all, I would absolutely make this a place I come back to over and over, and would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a place to stay at the beach!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MrsH2009
Martinsville, VA
Reviewed 27 August 2008

I've been to Kure Beach, NC 2 times a year for 18 years. This was the first time I've stayed at the Moran Motel. The rates were exceptional, (We paid $88 per night for a 2 room efficiency with full kitchen). The employees are friendly and helpful, and the housekeeping staff is excellent. We've stayed at all 3 of the motels directly across the street from the Moran, all 3 of them lack in friendly staff, affordability, and cleanliness. The Moran Motel may give off a vibe of being substandard because of the bright green paint of the buildings, but I've never stayed in a motel in the Kure Beach area where we never saw any type of bug, or mold in the showers. The other 3 motels across the street have very dirty carpeting (if you walk across the floor once, your feet are black). We walked barefoot on the carpet at the Moran Motel every day for a week, and never had black feet. The Moran is within walking distance of Jack Mackeral's Restaurant which is a little expensive, but well worth it when you taste the food. It's also just a short walk to the beach, and the Kure Beach Fishing Pier. The Moran also has a wonderful swimming pool with a slide, which the kids just loved (and the pool is behind the building so you don't have to worry about being viewed by the cars passing by). They also have a sun deck on the 2nd floor which is an awesome place to hang out and read, while catching some rays. We're already planning our next trip to Kure Beach, and we know where we'll be staying....at the MORAN MOTEL. Thanks Moran staff for making our stay great!!

• Liked — Great rates, friendly staff, and exceptionally clean rooms
  • Disliked — small bathroom with just a shower stall and no tub
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank AShepherd1
Bristol, TN
Reviewed 29 June 2007

There was 7 of us, My parents, me, my husband, and 3 teenagers. We stayed in rooms 25 and 25 1/2. We had an efficiency with a full size fridge, stove, pots, pans, etc. The maid service was spectacular. They came everyday and changed the linens, made the beds, restocked the bathroom with toiletries, towels, and tissue. Cleaned the bath, vacuumed, dusted. We where very pleased. My only complaint would be the low shower head in the shower but we always had hot water. The fixtures appeared old but they worked very well. I was very pleased and would recommend this motel. Remember its not the Ritz or the Hilton, it is a small motel that is locally run and we loved it. We will be back again in a few months. Did I mention that it is extremely affordable.

9 Thank beemeister88
#12 of 19 in Carolina Beach
Surfside Lodge Oceanfront
Surfside Lodge Oceanfront
#14 of 19 in Carolina Beach

Been to Moran Motel? Share your experiences!