“Awesome Wi-Fi best on the beach and remolded rooms It's totally awesome!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Sand Dunes Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kure Beach
Sand Dunes Motel
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Kure Beach
Wilmington, NC
“Awesome Wi-Fi best on the beach and remolded rooms It's totally awesome!!!!”
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I just stayed at the Sand Dunes Motel. There new wi fi is awesome i can get in my rooms and even on the beach when my wife was using her IPAD while watching our kids surf and enjoy the ocean and the clean beaches. The rooms have been remolded since we last stayed with you folks. I would recommend this hotel to any family staying a weekend in Kure Beach, NC. Our stay was totally awesome and we will be back many times this year!!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor of the hotel that has the best view but we also recommend all floors fo...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Todd B

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 11 November 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at the Sand Dunes. Our room was clean and quiet, overlooking the ocean. It may not have been as "modern," and may not have had all of the conviences of a newer, more updated motel, but it's location (a block from the Kure Beach fishing pier) and its price more than made up for any shortcomings. Our room had a nicely stocked kitchenette, too, which was a plus. A private balcony overlooking the ocean sealed the deal. The only slightly negative part was that there are a lot of stairs to navigate, but otherwise, we found very little to detract from a wonderful stay. I highly recommend this motel!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for an ocean-side room!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank BobMinneapolis_MN
Clendenin, West Virginia
Reviewed 23 October 2011

My family and I have stayed at The Sand Dunes for over 15 years. It is the best place to stay on Kure Beach! The rooms, pool and other areas are always clean. Any issues, which are few, that ever came up were addressed very quickly by the friendly staff. It is a very family oriented place. It’s within walking distance of great places to eat and to enjoy the pier. The ocean views are magnificent. Our most recent trip this month was great! I loved the suite that we stayed in. Lots of room for my wife, our 4 year old and I. I can’t think of a better place to spend our vacation.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank sandfiddlers
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 19 October 2011

You guys are ridiculous. It is clearly the Sand Dunes MOTEL, located in laid back Kure Beach. If you want to complain about how it does not accomodate you like a five star hotel would, then why don't you stay in a five star hotel? That would make more sense than bash this awesome place. I have been staying at the Sand Dunes for a long time and I wouldn't want to go anywhere else because the staff is the greatest and it is perfect for the laid back environment. I absolutely love it.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Jessica D
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 19 October 2011

We have been coming to this hotel for 18 years with only missing a couple years. We are looking forward to next year. If you want a dump, stay at the hotel down by the pier, had to stay there last year as the Sand Dunes was booked, will never go back there, will plan my stays with the Sand Dunes ahead of time. Tom and his family have always treated us like family. Yes, the bathrooms are small, but you're on vacation deal with it. The Sand Dunes is a castle compared to others. Love Tom and the who crew.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Teresa F
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Pre-paid for this place in order to attend the Seafood & Blues festival in Kure Beach, When we checked in, the room stank of cigarette smoke. There was no detectable WiFi signal in any part of the room, though "Free WiFi" was on the sing out in front, and on the web site. We asked to be moved. After paying an "upgrade fee" we were moved to a room in the adjacent Admiral's Quarters, which was guaranteed smoke free and to have WiFi. The new room was in no better shape - 3 of the 5 lighting fixtures in the room didn't work. There were 2 TVs, but only one cable connection. The other was useless. In one corner of the back room, I found a spot where there was a WiFi signal, but there was no signal anywhere else. They fooled me once, but I won't be back.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MarkOnBoat

Travellers are raving about these Kure Beach hotels

Denton, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 September 2011

Ocean front and nice staff are the only nice things about this motel. Huge bugs on balcony and grounds, although I didnt see them in the room, it still felt dirty. Paid for two nights but only stayed one. Will not go back.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
#4 of 19 in Carolina Beach
Moran Motel
Moran Motel
#5 of 6 in Kure Beach

Been to Sand Dunes Motel? Share your experiences!