“Not bad at all...”
Review of Sand Dunes Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kure Beach
Sand Dunes Motel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Kure Beach
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Needed a quick get away and wanted to try something new in the area so we went with San Dunes. Right on the beach, nice pool, easy parking, the young lady at the desk was super nice and very helpful when I locked myself out of the room (thanks!!). Beach access is about as good as it can get- walk right out, pass the pool and beautiful beach right there. Nice having the pier there too- open 24 hours and free to walk out.

The room was okay- pretty much what we were expecting. Clean, older bathroom, full kitchenette, old TV, very good free wifi. I think the pricing was well reflected in the accommodations and that's really the bottom line with me.

Walking distance to the little shopping area, plenty of places to eat and get beer, ice and fishing supplies. Will certainly consider a repeat stay when we need to get away for a few days.

Kure itself keeps us coming back because of the great small town atmosphere. We live in the middle of a fair sized city so its great to get down to a peaceful and friendly little spot with a great beach as a bonus.

Room Tip: make sure you call and ask about room categories - they seem to have a bunch. Also, look for a thir...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Jennifer A

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I have been staying at The Sand Dunes since I was a child, I'm now 26 and still come back at least twice a year. First of all, the staff is amazing. The girls who clean the room do an outstanding job and work very hard. Tom and Sharon are 2 of the best people you will ever meet. Tom will go out of his way to fix any problems you have. The rooms have all been remodeled now and they are all NICE! I have personally seen them and they look wonderful! They just added wifi that will reach all the way to the end of the pier! It's a very laid back, family orientated place. This is not Myrtle Beach, so if you want 5 star appliances and huge bathrooms with jacuzzis then you need to go somewhere else where there will be millions of people and a nasty beach. This is the place to go to get away from it all! I actually got married here, right in front of the Sand Dunes and it was beautiful! Tom and Sharon let me use the gazebo and were very accommodating! As for people saying there are huge water bugs outside, guess what? They are all over this island. It doesn't mean it is not clean. I lived in Kure Beach this whole winter and spring and have had them myself on my property. There are actually far less at The Sand Dunes then there is at my home, a mile away from there. This place is like home. My family as well as about 10 others come here over the 4th of July every year. It's like a reunion each year and we all look forward to it all year. I highly recommend The Sand Dunes! It's the best place in the world in my opinion!

6  Thank Stephanie H
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I just stayed at the Sand Dunes Motel. There new wi fi is awesome i can get in my rooms and even on the beach when my wife was using her IPAD while watching our kids surf and enjoy the ocean and the clean beaches. The rooms have been remolded since we last stayed with you folks. I would recommend this hotel to any family staying a weekend in Kure Beach, NC. Our stay was totally awesome and we will be back many times this year!!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor of the hotel that has the best view but we also recommend all floors fo...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Todd B
Reviewed 11 November 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at the Sand Dunes. Our room was clean and quiet, overlooking the ocean. It may not have been as "modern," and may not have had all of the conviences of a newer, more updated motel, but it's location (a block from the Kure Beach fishing pier) and its price more than made up for any shortcomings. Our room had a nicely stocked kitchenette, too, which was a plus. A private balcony overlooking the ocean sealed the deal. The only slightly negative part was that there are a lot of stairs to navigate, but otherwise, we found very little to detract from a wonderful stay. I highly recommend this motel!

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for an ocean-side room!
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank BobMinneapolis_MN
Reviewed 23 October 2011

My family and I have stayed at The Sand Dunes for over 15 years. It is the best place to stay on Kure Beach! The rooms, pool and other areas are always clean. Any issues, which are few, that ever came up were addressed very quickly by the friendly staff. It is a very family oriented place. It’s within walking distance of great places to eat and to enjoy the pier. The ocean views are magnificent. Our most recent trip this month was great! I loved the suite that we stayed in. Lots of room for my wife, our 4 year old and I. I can’t think of a better place to spend our vacation.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank sandfiddlers
Reviewed 19 October 2011

You guys are ridiculous. It is clearly the Sand Dunes MOTEL, located in laid back Kure Beach. If you want to complain about how it does not accomodate you like a five star hotel would, then why don't you stay in a five star hotel? That would make more sense than bash this awesome place. I have been staying at the Sand Dunes for a long time and I wouldn't want to go anywhere else because the staff is the greatest and it is perfect for the laid back environment. I absolutely love it.

2  Thank Jessica D
Reviewed 19 October 2011

We have been coming to this hotel for 18 years with only missing a couple years. We are looking forward to next year. If you want a dump, stay at the hotel down by the pier, had to stay there last year as the Sand Dunes was booked, will never go back there, will plan my stays with the Sand Dunes ahead of time. Tom and his family have always treated us like family. Yes, the bathrooms are small, but you're on vacation deal with it. The Sand Dunes is a castle compared to others. Love Tom and the who crew.

2  Thank Teresa F
Wingate by Wyndham Southport
Moran Motel
Moran Motel
#4 of 6 in Kure Beach

Been to Sand Dunes Motel? Share your experiences!