Sand Dunes Motel
Moran Motel(Kure Beach)(Great Value!)
US$90
Travelocity
  • Pool
Oceaneer Motel(Carolina Beach)(Great Value!)
US$117
Golden Sands(Carolina Beach)(Great Value!)
US$134
Drydock Motel(Carolina Beach)
US$101
Travelocity
Courtyard by Marriott Carolina Beach(Carolina Beach)(Great Value!)
US$162
All reviewscarolina beachocean frontfull kitchenweek vacationclean roomsbeach triplocation is greatdefinitely stay here againsmall poolplace to stayfishing pierno frillsget awayfirst floorshort drivemotelkure
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 June 2012 via mobile

Husband and I drove by the Sand Dunes and decided this was the place to stay. The front desk clerks were so friendly and helpful. Our room was on the first floor, ocean view and cost $153.00 plus taxes for one night. Little pricey, but it was a lovely view. My only complaint is the pillows; they were very lumpy. The kitchen in the room is fully stocked and next time we are in the area, we will probably cook in. Overall, we are happy and would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank RBMomma
Reviewed 17 May 2012

My husband and I have been staying at the Sand Dunes for nearly 50 years, love the area, the management is also considerate, it's like going to stay with family. Our children now bring their children here. Tom & Sharon are the best, we have also met some of the nicest people staying there. Should try it one time and you will be hooked also.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Brenda R
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Needed a quick get away and wanted to try something new in the area so we went with San Dunes. Right on the beach, nice pool, easy parking, the young lady at the desk was super nice and very helpful when I locked myself out of the room (thanks!!). Beach access is about as good as it can get- walk right out, pass the pool and beautiful beach right there. Nice having the pier there too- open 24 hours and free to walk out.

The room was okay- pretty much what we were expecting. Clean, older bathroom, full kitchenette, old TV, very good free wifi. I think the pricing was well reflected in the accommodations and that's really the bottom line with me.

Walking distance to the little shopping area, plenty of places to eat and get beer, ice and fishing supplies. Will certainly consider a repeat stay when we need to get away for a few days.

Kure itself keeps us coming back because of the great small town atmosphere. We live in the middle of a fair sized city so its great to get down to a peaceful and friendly little spot with a great beach as a bonus.

Room Tip: make sure you call and ask about room categories - they seem to have a bunch. Also, look for a third floor room with a private balcony for the best view
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Jennifer A
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I have been staying at The Sand Dunes since I was a child, I'm now 26 and still come back at least twice a year. First of all, the staff is amazing. The girls who clean the room do an outstanding job and work very hard. Tom and Sharon are 2 of the best people you will ever meet. Tom will go out of his way to fix any problems you have. The rooms have all been remodeled now and they are all NICE! I have personally seen them and they look wonderful! They just added wifi that will reach all the way to the end of the pier! It's a very laid back, family orientated place. This is not Myrtle Beach, so if you want 5 star appliances and huge bathrooms with jacuzzis then you need to go somewhere else where there will be millions of people and a nasty beach. This is the place to go to get away from it all! I actually got married here, right in front of the Sand Dunes and it was beautiful! Tom and Sharon let me use the gazebo and were very accommodating! As for people saying there are huge water bugs outside, guess what? They are all over this island. It doesn't mean it is not clean. I lived in Kure Beach this whole winter and spring and have had them myself on my property. There are actually far less at The Sand Dunes then there is at my home, a mile away from there. This place is like home. My family as well as about 10 others come here over the 4th of July every year. It's like a reunion each year and we all look forward to it all year. I highly recommend The Sand Dunes! It's the best place in the world in my opinion!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank Stephanie H
Reviewed 30 March 2012

I just stayed at the Sand Dunes Motel. There new wi fi is awesome i can get in my rooms and even on the beach when my wife was using her IPAD while watching our kids surf and enjoy the ocean and the clean beaches. The rooms have been remolded since we last stayed with you folks. I would recommend this hotel to any family staying a weekend in Kure Beach, NC. Our stay was totally awesome and we will be back many times this year!!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor of the hotel that has the best view but we also recommend all floors for this hotel. The Wifi is totally awesome and strong. New beds make you sleep like angels. Please stay at the sand dunes motel you won't regret it we surely didn't.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family