“DECEITFUL Motel...Beware”
Review of Sand Dunes Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kure Beach
Sand Dunes Motel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Kure Beach
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My family and I stayed at the Sand Dunes Motel for Mother's Day weekend on May 9 -11, 2014. When I called to make my reservation I was told that the room we would be reserving had recently been remodeled. Upon our arrival, we turned the AC units on and noticed that one of the AC units from one of the rooms was not cooling. We decided to give it more time to see if it would cool, but by Saturday morning we went to the office to express our discomfort and dissatisfaction. We spoke with a staff member named Tamera and she informed us she would call someone to check out the AC unit and fix it. We asked if we can be moved to another room and we were told there were no other rooms available at the motel. Late Saturday afternoon, a gentleman stopped by our room to fix/check out the AC unit and he informed us the AC was not cooling and needed to be replaced. On Sunday, when I checked out I spoke with Debbie regarding our dissatisfaction and she informed us the Manager would be calling me on Monday when she arrives to the office. Today, it has been more then a week and I have yet to receive a call from the Manager. I hoped that they would come to an amicable resolution to this matter, but now instead I will make my complain to the Better Business Bureau.
Amy

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank amy10pete

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

I have been coming to Kure Beach since the early 90s and have always stayed at the Sand Dunes. The staff has always been extremely friendly and made me feel welcome. The rooms ( even the old sand Dunes) have always been clean when we arrived and each morning we would leave to do something and return to a very clean room. The housekeeping staff do a great job and when you have young kids that could be a feet. I love the place!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stayed here in oct 2013 The room was very clean. We had a second floor room.Great view TV was small but who goes to the beach to watch tv The girls that cleaned the room did a great job we had went to eat and came back the room was very clean We will stay here again

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Sandra H
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We just stayed here in Aug 2013. After hours on the computer trying to find somewhere nice to stay, I ended up picking this place. It's been about 6 years since we last stayed here and I have to say, they have really remodeled this motel. It's very nice, clean and we had a ball! The pool was nice even though it closed kinda early for a motel, but the owner did keep it open as long as there was people in it. They make sure you are happy here and they are very kind. When we come back to Kure Beach, we will be back. We also have 2 kids, age 6 and 12 at the time and they enjoyed every minute of the trip. If I didn't have to be back that Monday morning we would have stayed again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank TravisandJessic... C
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Room 120 and likely several others, needs to be gutted! Linoleum floor at entrance had not been cleaned in ages. Feet stuck to floor. Using a sheet of paper towel to clean up a few water drops, the white towel was blackened. Took evidence to front desk. They had floor addressed the next day - well 90% better. When inquired about carpet, they said it was cleaned 4 months ago. I wonder by whom and how well and after all the tracking of filth from the linoleum floor to the carpet??? That dark colored carpet has to be housing multiple species of bacteria and fungus. Spoken from a biologist.

As I looked for my children's toys under the edges of the beds, many cobwebs seen.

Furniture and appliances have never been upgraded from original construction. Badly worn.

Seriously needs a health inspector to visit!

We all arrived with clean feet, and left with badly soiled feet - from the rooms interior! My two year old twins always wore (new shoes) when outside - too young for sand and surf.

Front desk help seemed helpful and concerned, but it was like "heard it all before". Housekeeper blamed it on the old linoleum. But then why was she able to get it cleaner the next day?

I like to frequent budget friendly motels when I travel. A lot of travel in Europe. This was the filthiest place ever.

• Stayed: September 2013
4  Thank Pappenheim
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Room smelled musty. Carpet was not clean. Housekeeping staff were nice and caring. TV was a 19" color console. There is no ice machine for guests - you get 1 free bucket of ice per stay. Otherwise you buy 10 lb bags at the office. If you need extra towels you pay $5.00. Location is good you can walk to restaurants and to the pier and game room. There is a small quick-shop market within walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 66Linda2013
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

We just got home from our 1st Stay at The Sand Dunes Motel but it won't be our last !! We stayed in room 123 it is a suite and worked very well for our family . We had a bed and couch in our room also a full bath and kitchen in between. The other room had 2 beds , mini fridge and a very nice bathroom as well . The location is great !! The room has been nicely kept and updated , no it's not a Hilton , it is a motel on the beach , but it was clean and comfy !! The staff were great to us , Todd the desk clerk treated us like old family friends , the other lady in the office was very friendly as well !! The running housekeeper made me tired just watching her ... She did an outstanding job !! Can't wait to go back !! The only complaints I have are mattress was comfortable but had a middle sag and toilet in main bath is very small , the bathroom though is a great size . Overall A+ from us !!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Carolina Beach
Moran Motel
Moran Motel
#4 of 6 in Kure Beach

Been to Sand Dunes Motel? Share your experiences!