“Not well organized with very poor team work among wait staff”

Jack Mackerel's Island Grill
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Kure Beach
Price range: US$12 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 2 May 2014

We wanted to try out this restaurant based on reviews. However , I would not recommend. We entered the restaurant and was promptly seated. That was it. We set at a table and was not waited on for 15 minutes. We observed two other couples come in after us that was waited on very quickly. They acted like they new the individuals. We got up and informed the hostess and then left.

3  Thank Bbryant06
There are newer reviews for Jack Mackerel's Island Grill

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We have been to many restaurants in the Carolina Beach/Kure Beach area. For our money, Jack Mackerel's is tops....both in quality and price. We usually eat lunches there, and we haven't had a bad meal yet. The prices are competitive with other restaurants in the area and the food better. Jack Mackerel's is our "go-to" place when we have guests visiting. Varied menu with lots of seafood choices, including homemade potato chips. Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed 23 April 2014

My husband and I were at Kure Beach for the first time and stopped here for lunch. I had the shrimp and mango quest dill and it was excellent - plenty of shrimp, the mango salsa had some kick, hubby liked his lunch too..we recommend this place as it has 2 outdoor decks too.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We ate lunch at Jack Mackerel’s on Tuesday, April 15, 2014. We arrived around 2pm and were promptly seated in a large booth. I had the fish and chips and my wife got the fried shrimp platter. My fish was rather greasy and my wife’s shrimp were so over cooked they were dry and chewy. The fries that came with both meals were excellent. We never saw our waitress again until it was time for our check so we were not able to complain. This restaurant seems to cater to locals who like to sit at the bar and hammer back their drinks. There were several patrons who were obviously drunk to the point that they stumbled to the restroom. I cannot recommend this restaurant to anyone and we will not return.

2  Thank 1967foodie
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Where locals go for great seafood year round. Great tiki atmosphere, friendly service, generous portions. Never miss a chance to go to Jack Mack's.