“Great service and good food!”

Jack Mackerel's Island Grill
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Kure Beach
Price range: US$9 - US$34
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We took a ferry from Southport to Kure Beach, I found this place using trip advisor. We were seated immediately, and our server promptly greater us and took our drink orders. I had a passion fruit Margarita that was yummy. We had a crab dip appetizer, it was good but could have used some Old Bay to spice it up. The menu was large so we asked for suggestions, she recommended the Blackened Grouper and BBQ Shrimp. My husband ordered the fish he loved it, I had the BBQ Shrimp. The shrimp were big, wrapped in bacon, smothered in a tasty sauce and grilled to perfection! The server was attentive and very pleasant. We will return when in the area again.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

A bit pricy for what I got (fried shrimp) but definitely better than Big Daddy's across the street. Sitting upstairs had a great view, but the service was slow (especially the drink refills). Salads were above average. If there is one good place to go in Kure Beach, this is it.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We were traveling in a big group and were looking for a restaurant that could accommodate us all. Jack MacKerels has a large menu but most of the seafood items were pretty pricey. I got the mahi mahi, which was good. My husband really liked the broiled scallops as well. Everyone in our party was fairly pleased with the food quality, but the majority of the items were fried unless you wanted to pay more to have them broiled. Service was not bad, but also not fantastic. All in all, the experience was just so-so, which I remembered from the last time I visited.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

The staff was very welcoming and friendly. Mixed drinks good and flavorful. Food seasoned well, generous portions and satisfying. Will definitely recommend to friends and will visit on next trip to area.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

we had eaten at Jack's one other time, but thus time we ate on the roof top terrace. That's the place to eat. We could see the ocean and there was a great breeze. We had the Calamari and it was fantastic! Then Hubby had the "Peppercorn Grilled Sirloin" which was perfect. 11 year old son had the "Mad Jumbie Shrimp Skewers" which was 9 HUGE shrimp in sweet yummy glaze! I had the v special which was chicken, 5 large shrimp and Mahi Mahi in jerk seasoning with spicy green beans. I love spicy foods but the beans where a bit hotter than I even like, but mixed with chicken, shrimp or fish was incredible! Service was great even though our waitress had all 6 tables on the roof. Definitely a place to enjoy the ocean town feel!!