“Sunday Dinner”

Sandpiper Seafood and Oyster Bar
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in La Grange
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

It’s been a year since I reviewed the Sandpiper. It’s a great place for fried seafood. Huge portions. The Oyster stew was great. The fried shrimp were also wonderful but the fried flounder did not taste fresh. My feeling was that it was imported small flounder. I’ll go back but no more flounder.

1  Thank damondowneastnc

Reviewed 7 August 2017

I cannot count how many times I've passed this restaurant. Finally after having dinner with one of my aunts at another restaurant she mentioned that the Sandpiper was her favorite. So we had to check it out. It was pretty good! I'm totally glad we went. Usually we would have been at King's or somewhere. The portions were huge. I had fried trout and shrimp and a deviled crab. The fries I didn't really care for, but the hushpuppies were just as good as anywhere else. The deviled crab was just something I hadn't tried before so gave it a shot. I don't need to try it again. The trout was fried just the way I like. The shrimp were like popcorn shrimp - kinda small, but at least they weren't all batter like some places. I'd definitely go again!

Reviewed 5 August 2017

Dinner was ok, but not exceptional. Fish was fried perfect and very tasty. Raw oysters were very small. Scallops were very, very small. Cole slaw not tasty. Potato Salad not good. Hush Puppies delicious. Fried oysters very tasty. Waitress and service was fast and good. Disappointed in the size of the expensive raw oysters. Like I titled it, Just OK, but will probably not go back.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

It is one of our favorite places to go last night we went I had a peck of oysters cooked medium and they were perfect my wife had some shrimp and Flounder and it was perfect as well not overly fancy not to run down it is one of our go-to places. Do not mind my lack of punctuation as I am using speech to text ,thank you drive through

Reviewed 25 July 2017

Stopped here on the way to Emerald Isle as had a hankering for seafood and wouldn't make it there in time for dinner. Figured this would do for the day - we were so pleasantly surprised! The place was packed and for good reason. Everything was delicious! The oysters were some of the best and most tender we have ever had, and shrimp, hush puppies and slaw were also excellent! Our waitress Danielle was a fantastic server who met every need while not being intrusive. The only thing we didn't LOVE was the lighting inside - it was kinda wierd.... it felt like you were under water as was hazy and an odd color. But that aside, there is no doubt i would stop here again and may even make a trip out of my way next time i'm in the area to eat some great seafood here again!