“Never again”

Price range: US$4 - US$8
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: At Stonehouse Pizza & Carvery we’re a friendly bunch and pride ourselves on giving the warmest of welcomes. So when you pop over to our place, whether it’s to catch up with friends over a refreshing drink or because you just can’t be bothered to cook, we hope you’ll find it like a home from home – without the washing up! We’ve something for all the family - from freshly carved, slow cooked roasts, stonebaked pizzas made from 100% fresh dough, tasty pub classics like hand battered fish, plus a range of burgers and vegetarian dishes.
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Visited this morning for breakfast and never again. All 3 of us that visited came home and within the hour were ill.
The sausages were still pink in the middle and the "scrambled egg" was a solid lump of concrete.
Was very disappointed as have been there for a carvery before and that was ok.

1  Thank beanie421
james s, Guest Relations Manager at Bull's Head Stonehouse Pizza & Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2017

Hi, Beanie421, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Thank you very much for sharing these comments, Beanie421.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Where to start..? Fish, sausages, pies & chips are now ready cooked at the carvery too. I went mid week with a friend & chose fish, chips, peas & curry sauce. The fish was cold, apart from the very middle, where it was slightly warm. The chips had just been brought out, so were lovely & hot! The mushy peas were stone cold & the curry sauce was just warm! They need to keep the food HOT before someone gets food poisoning!!! My friend said her turkey was ok but tasteless & the veg was awful! The roast potatoes were black & they lay swimming in a dish of grease. You have to try & break off a piece of extremely hard & dry stuffing with the side of the serving spoon, as they are all large slabs. When she picked up the serving spoon for the mash potato, the dish came up with it & you could have written your name in the gravy it was that thick!! The food here used to be absolutely lovely, I wouldn`t eat it now if it was free!

1  Thank fieldhead4

Fieldhead4, we regret that you had a negative experience with us, but are glad you brought this to our attention.

Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

The family and I went for boxing day dinner. We booked in advance and were not disappointed! We have a choice of starters, main course and sweet. Excellent value for money at £9 each - I will be first in the Que to book again on the 1st of September ready for this year.

Nicola S, thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

Reviewed 24 December 2013 via mobile

My family and I had a midweek calvery 18/12/13 and we sat at our regular table by the front door to find the tables were very rickety and were all unclean in that area. I ordered three drinks from the bar and the barmaid held the glasses at the top which I found slightly revolting and we had to wipe the glasses with serviettes before drinking. The food quality was average, they no longer do the large Yorkshire Puddings which I was a little disappointed by and the sausages were dry as a bone. The meat and veg were acceptable though for the money. I found the drinks prices to be higher than most places locally, maybe this is a way that they offset the cost of their cheap calveries? Not sure I'd go back.

1  Thank Simon H

Simon H, we regret that you had a negative experience with us, but are glad you brought this to our attention.

Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

I have visited the carvery numerous times but it is my 1st visit in a little while and I had been looking forward to it all day. It was no where near the quality as usual. The staff as always were friendly and helpful the price competitive but the food seemed to lack it's usual full flavour and variety. I had the carvery and had 2 meats gammon and turkey my turkey was quite dry. There were no peas the carrots used to be buttered to keep moist they weren't today but they were still tasty. There was leek and I think it was cabbage mix that was not a great taste. The roast potatoes were lovely too. I will be giving it a miss now but used to recommend the place.

Tracey A, we regret that you had a negative experience with us, but are glad you brought this to our attention.