“Bed bugs”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake Junaluska
The Terrace at Lake Junaluska
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lake Junaluska
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“Bed bugs”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I have never complained about a hotel, but I've never been attacked by bed bugs until if visited the Lake Junaluska Terrace Hotel for one evening. The hotel is dated, dingy and dirty. The lake and area are beautiful, the staff friendly, but I won't return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank 240ErichS
lake_junaluska, Public Relations Manager at The Terrace at Lake Junaluska, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
We take our guests' feedback very seriously. After receiving your feedback, we immediately had our facilities professionally inspected. We can confirm that there are no bedbugs. We maintain routine inspections of our establishments, and the comfort and safety of our guests are our priority. Thank you for your feedback.
Stephanie Drum, Marketing Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed on the 4th floor. I had a crappy view of the roof and air conditioners. They did get new mattresses and pillows and towels. It's just a drop in the ocean at this place. The hallways are dark and dingy. Grout in bathroom is yucky. Still no fridge or microwave and the ice machine looks dirty. Staff were not friendly and welcoming. Still too much to pay for this room.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank freakingumby
Thank you for your feedback. Upgrades to Lake Junaluska facilities are ongoing, and we appreciate your patience. We hope you will notice a difference upon your next visit.
Warm Regards,
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Well, I still don't understand how The Terrace Hotel can charge over $120 for a room. No microwave, no refrigerator. I did, however, get a decent view this time. I had to ask again and again if they had cancellations for front rooms because they had me booked in a back room. My friend got a back room and people walk by and look right in at you. I guess I was just a squeaky wheel because they did honor my request. Cyndi was most helpful. She signed me in at the welcome center and then was at the Terrace desk when I checked out. And one more thing: I thought they were remodeling. The rooms looked like they did before. The Terrace still does not deserve a "very good" rating. But at least it was a little better. Maybe next year!

Room Tip: Tell them you do not want a room on the back of the hotel!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
5 Thank freakingumby
lake_junaluska, Public Relations Manager at The Terrace at Lake Junaluska, responded to this review, 25 July 2013
Thank you for your review. I have passed your concerns on to our Chief Operating Officer. I will pass on your compliments to Cyndi at the front desk.
Blessings,
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I stayed for 4 nights and had requested a room with a lakeview. What I got was a room with a roof view. Yuck. Room was not very clean. Housekeeping did not even vaccuum the rooms. They would make the bed and a couple of times they changed the towels. At $125/night I expect more.

Room Tip: Stay some where else!
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank freakingumby
lake_junaluska, Public Relations Manager at The Terrace at Lake Junaluska, responded to this review, 9 August 2012
freakingumby, we appreciate your feedback. I have communicated your concerns to my supervisor. Lake Junaluska is in the process of renovations, and we hope you can come back and visit soon.
Blessings,
Stephanie Drum, Communications Coordinator
SC
Reviewed 30 July 2011

I often plan small group trips for friends several times a year. Since our family rents a home at Lake Junaluska each year, I decided to take a group to the Terrace Hotel for a long weekend. We were all pleased with our rooms, each of which overlooked the beautiful lake. The lake also has a wonderful walking trail around its perimeter. The rooms were not fancy (did not even include a hair dryer) but were clean and fairly spacious. At less than $80 per night, we were all well satisfied with the rates, as we have paid much more per night in other mountain resort areas. The small gift shop at the hotel is staffed by a friendly, helpful young lady and I purchased an unusual piece of pottery made from silt from the lake! Lake Junaluska is the most beautiful, peaceful and spiritual place, no matter where you should decide to stay (they have many options) and is a ten minute drive to the charming town of Waynesville, which has numerous restaurants and nice shops. I would definitely recommend this hotel for those who just want to get away and enjoy themselves and relax in the gorgeous NC mountains.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank WorthSC
South Carolina
Reviewed 11 May 2011

I stayed here with my Youth Group when we went skiing, and also for confirmation.

Granted, this isn't a 5 star resort, but it's not bad, either.

There is free coffee in the lobby, and the staff is always nice.

They do have a few computers in the lobby, but they are pretty old.

Beds are nice.. I have stayed in a room with twin beds both time. Last time I was there, they had very nice flat screen tv's

There are vending machines and Ice Makers at the end of every floor.

I love to stay here while in the area.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank rainytwilight
Columbus, GA
Reviewed 5 March 2009

I planned my youth group's ski trip with Lake Junaluska this year and it was absolutely wonderful. Everyone who went on our trip (kids and parents) had a great time. The accommodations were fantastic, the staff was extremely friendly and everything was organized so well that it made the weekend extremely easy and enjoyable for me. We definitely plan on returning next year.

• Stayed February 2009
Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas
Jonathan Creek Inn and Villas
#1 of 25 in Maggie Valley
Oak Hill on Love Lane Bed & Breakfast

Been to The Terrace at Lake Junaluska? Share your experiences!