“Great things going on at Lake Lure Golf & Beach Resort” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rumbling Bald Resort on Lake Lure

Rumbling Bald Resort on Lake Lure
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Lake Lure
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great things going on at Lake Lure Golf & Beach Resort”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2005

I came up from Florida and stayed for several days. This was my first time to the Lake Lure area. A friend recommended the area and I found the resort through a internet search.

What an awesome deal I got. The rates are very afforable and offered exactly what I was looking for - a mountain vacation with water. The lake is beautiful and the resort has a beach area too. I went kayaking right on the lake and was even able to book a tour to Biltmore Estates. I didn't have to drive, went by the Resort van. They dropped us off at the front gate and picked us up that afternoon. It was so nice and convenient.

The resort itself is adding a lot of new features. They have a brand new mini golf course that is challenging but fun for the whole family. My kids had to play the course everyday. Next year when we come they are supposed to have a lazy river opened with a zero entry pool, bet I won't get the kids away from that. My husband said the golf courses were 2 of the finest that he has played - it was hard keeping him off the course to spend time with us.

The people who work at the Resort are customer focused. I work in a call center and know what customer service should be. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. I spent the most relaxing week and was ready to go back to the hectic, hot (I mean hot) environment that I live in.

Thank you Lake Lure Golf & Beach Resort for the wonderful time you allowed me and my family to have. We will be back and often!!!!

• Stayed June 2005
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2005

Our family of four spent 4 days at Lake Lure Golf & Beach Resort. The resort is located on Lake Lure. We arrived after 5 pm and were greeted by an extremely helpful security guard at the check in area. Security directed us to the log home we rented. It is called Deer Run and nestled in the woods! Just awesome! The house is 3,000 square feet and had everything we needed to make our vacation perfect! It was spotless! There were 2 TV sets with DVDs along with movies to watch. A pin-pong table in the basement kept the teenagers busy at night.

We golfed 2 days on their courses: Bald Mountain and Apple Valley. Bald Mountain was very challenging! The courses were extremely well kept and were better than some country club courses we have played in the past.

We did not have time to enjoy boating on the lake, the beach area or the swimming pool. We will have to return and stay longer.

All of the staff we encountered were friendly and very helpful.

The resort is located minutes from Chimney Rock...awesome hiking and views!

We would highly recommend Lake Lure Golf & Beach Resort!

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2004

i love lake lure, everybody is so friendly there and its beautiful. the resort is fun they have a private beach, 2 outdoor pools, 1 indoor pool, spa and rec center. i always have so much fun with my family when i go there. i am going to go there every summer!!!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2004

My husband and I wanted to be near a lake, mountains, and we can't forget a golf course. The check-in service was wonderful. The ladies answered all of our questions and with a smile! Once we got to our room I was pleasantly surprised with the view. A GREEN golf course and GREEN Mountains. My husband and I needed this break. We did not bring our children but I did inquire about the things there are to do for kids. I was amazed that there was so much not only on the resort but in surrounding areas. I didn't have to beg to go another vacation with my husband we already know where we are going. I might even come twice a year!

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2004

I attended the Charlotte Golf Show on Saturday, February 7th. I thought the presentation was very good and learned that real estate is offered in the area. Sunday, I took a drive to the mountains. I thought that since it was a nice day, two hours isn't that far to drive. The drive up is good. That was it. Once at the security gate, they gave me a hard time about not being a guest. (I thought that I was a guest, I drove two hours to check the place out). After convincing the guard manning the gate to let me go into the main office, I encountered a lady who was very rude. She would not answer any of my questions. Everything I asked, she did not have the knowledge to answer any of my questions. I inquired if I could just drive around the area, she told me the resort was private. The gentleman at the golf show specifically told me to go up and drive around the complex and check the place out. That was out of the question. I couldn't get past the main office. VERY DISCOURAGING FOR PROSPECTIVE REAL ESTATE BUYERS. I asked the lady where me and my wife could have lunch. She told me the only thing that was open was a restaurant at the Apple Valley Golf Course. Pretty course but the restaurant staff was awful. Two tables where occupied and it took us nearly 20 minutes before the waitress came to take our order. Just about everything was out of stock. We settled on salads. (Wilted lettuce, frozen tomatoes does not classify as a salad). And the salads took us approximately 45 minutes to get to our table. What was our waitress doing? NOTHING! Just thought that management should consider handling employees better since it is such a beautiful area. Who would want to visit, much less live there. Please do not let looks be deceiving. This place is not what is advertised. Poor service and rude employees are what should be advertised. I feel like I wasted an entire day. I love to golf and love the mountains but could not put up with the service.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2004

Our family has stayed at Lake Lure Golf & Beach Resort twice now. Both vacations were fabulously memorable and we will return many times, perhaps every year. The lake and mountain setting of this resort is nothing short of stunning! The rooms are huge and have great views. The staff and the entire community are quite friendly. The golf courses are gorgious and have great elevation changes. The restaurants are nice. The outdoor pools are huge and clean. The beach on Lake Lure is well groomed and provides a nice place to swim as an alternative to the pools. The entire area around Lake Lure looks like something out of a post card.
You do have to travel around 45 minutes to get to a town of any size with the usual mainline restaurants, Home Depot, Wal-Mart, etc., but that's not what we go on vacation for anyway. This is not a wild and crazy place, but if you are looking for a relaxing, enjoyable family vacation place with lots of recreational activity right on site, this is the place.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2004

first as we drove aimlessly for hours trying to find the resort with our wonderful directions, we finally found the place and let me say, looks are very decieving. After getting to the gaurd gate, we again drove for about another hour trying to find our condo. The front desk staff stated that this condo was one of the best on their rental list.
When we walked in, the overwhelming smell of mildew hit us, which we figured wasn't a surprise considering the condo hasn't been updated since the 70's. The condo was decorated in orange wallpaper, shag carpet, and hand-me-down furniture.

After calling the front desk to change condos, the clerk told us that they had nothing else available.

Since this was the first vacation with our two young children, we thought that we would make the most out of our vacation.

The "Spa" is actually a small building with a few ancient pieces of exercise equipment and an indoor pool that caused my children to break out in rashes.

The "Restaurants" are nothing more than a place to get greasy, cold, very expensive food that isn't fit for a dog. We waited for over an hour to get hamburgers and fries. Where is a McDonald's?

There were also a couple of drunk men who kept talking about how they "owned the place" and couldn't wait until they were in office. If this is a place for vacations, please tell the locals not to "bad mouth" the place, facilities, and employees. One waitress was almost in tears from the way the "older men" were yelling. She also talked about how she couldn't wait to get another job.

If you wanted to go on vacation, would you want to hear locals and staff talk very negatively about the place?

The best part of the vacation. . . leaving. We left two days early and vacationed in nearby Waynesville where we had a nice hotel with indoor pool (clean) at the fraction of the cost.

Please think twice when making vacation plans at this place.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
The Omni Grove Park Inn
The Omni Grove Park Inn
#12 of 63 in Asheville
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,373 reviews

Been to Rumbling Bald Resort on Lake Lure? Share your experiences!