“Great Golf Resort”

Rumbling Bald Resort on Lake Lure
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Lake Lure
Reviewed 8 May 2006

We just got back from lake lure golf and beach resort, we have a group of 12 guys who go somewhere ever year for the last 15 years, and to a man we all agreed that this was one of our best trips ever. We stayed in a 6 bedroom 5 bath house, which was beautiful and right on the golf course. The courses themselves were both fun and offered a tough challenge. The restaraunts were also very nice and the food was excellent, but the main thing that made the trip was the staff at both the registration office and the pro shops these people go out of their way to make your trip enjoyable. Thank you lake lure, we will go back.

Stayed: May 2006
4  Thank mmarshCincinnati

Reviewed 28 March 2006

My husband has been a part owner in the condo we stayed in at the Lake Lure Golf and Beach Club, however this was our first trip here as a family....my son and I loved it despite some rather cool weather. Most of the villas in our area have a direct view of the golf course and mountains out the front door and Bald Mountian Lake off the back deck....its beautiful. Granted, the entire Lake Lure area is remote and the roads incredibly windy...but we came here to relax. So far, we have been too busy to relax much...hiking at Chimney Rock which was incredible, horseback riding, put-put golf, boating, fishing and some nice, quaint shops and restaurants. You won't find any food chains or Walmarts here or night clubs. This resort is renovating its recreation areas....indoor pool, exercise facilities, outdoor pool, tennis courts, basketball/volleyball court, and put-put golf...renovations should be complete in the next few days. There is also a sandy beach that looks very inviting and a marina on-site. Whenever you are renting privately owned condos ...which is the case at this resort...you will find varying degrees of updating, accomodations and in-room amenities....ask questions when you are booking and make sure the condo you are renting meets your standards. The Resort itself is beautiful and the staff very helpful and friendly. It can be rather confusing when you arrive here...there are so many realty companies and developments with similar names. Make sure you have a good area map and directions to follow when you arrive. Also, consider picking up a few groceries like fruits, veges and meats in Ashville or one of the larger towns before you arrive....there are no grocery stores here other than several gas station/convenience marts.

• Stayed: March 2006
8  Thank jhub101
Orlando, FL
Reviewed 28 June 2005

I came up from Florida and stayed for several days. This was my first time to the Lake Lure area. A friend recommended the area and I found the resort through a internet search.

What an awesome deal I got. The rates are very afforable and offered exactly what I was looking for - a mountain vacation with water. The lake is beautiful and the resort has a beach area too. I went kayaking right on the lake and was even able to book a tour to Biltmore Estates. I didn't have to drive, went by the Resort van. They dropped us off at the front gate and picked us up that afternoon. It was so nice and convenient.

The resort itself is adding a lot of new features. They have a brand new mini golf course that is challenging but fun for the whole family. My kids had to play the course everyday. Next year when we come they are supposed to have a lazy river opened with a zero entry pool, bet I won't get the kids away from that. My husband said the golf courses were 2 of the finest that he has played - it was hard keeping him off the course to spend time with us.

The people who work at the Resort are customer focused. I work in a call center and know what customer service should be. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. I spent the most relaxing week and was ready to go back to the hectic, hot (I mean hot) environment that I live in.

Thank you Lake Lure Golf & Beach Resort for the wonderful time you allowed me and my family to have. We will be back and often!!!!

• Stayed: June 2005
9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Nashville, TN
Reviewed 25 June 2005

Our family of four spent 4 days at Lake Lure Golf & Beach Resort. The resort is located on Lake Lure. We arrived after 5 pm and were greeted by an extremely helpful security guard at the check in area. Security directed us to the log home we rented. It is called Deer Run and nestled in the woods! Just awesome! The house is 3,000 square feet and had everything we needed to make our vacation perfect! It was spotless! There were 2 TV sets with DVDs along with movies to watch. A pin-pong table in the basement kept the teenagers busy at night.

We golfed 2 days on their courses: Bald Mountain and Apple Valley. Bald Mountain was very challenging! The courses were extremely well kept and were better than some country club courses we have played in the past.

We did not have time to enjoy boating on the lake, the beach area or the swimming pool. We will have to return and stay longer.

All of the staff we encountered were friendly and very helpful.

The resort is located minutes from Chimney Rock...awesome hiking and views!

We would highly recommend Lake Lure Golf & Beach Resort!

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 July 2004

i love lake lure, everybody is so friendly there and its beautiful. the resort is fun they have a private beach, 2 outdoor pools, 1 indoor pool, spa and rec center. i always have so much fun with my family when i go there. i am going to go there every summer!!!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Earlham, Iowa
Reviewed 20 February 2004

My husband and I wanted to be near a lake, mountains, and we can't forget a golf course. The check-in service was wonderful. The ladies answered all of our questions and with a smile! Once we got to our room I was pleasantly surprised with the view. A GREEN golf course and GREEN Mountains. My husband and I needed this break. We did not bring our children but I did inquire about the things there are to do for kids. I was amazed that there was so much not only on the resort but in surrounding areas. I didn't have to beg to go another vacation with my husband we already know where we are going. I might even come twice a year!

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 February 2004

I attended the Charlotte Golf Show on Saturday, February 7th. I thought the presentation was very good and learned that real estate is offered in the area. Sunday, I took a drive to the mountains. I thought that since it was a nice day, two hours isn't that far to drive. The drive up is good. That was it. Once at the security gate, they gave me a hard time about not being a guest. (I thought that I was a guest, I drove two hours to check the place out). After convincing the guard manning the gate to let me go into the main office, I encountered a lady who was very rude. She would not answer any of my questions. Everything I asked, she did not have the knowledge to answer any of my questions. I inquired if I could just drive around the area, she told me the resort was private. The gentleman at the golf show specifically told me to go up and drive around the complex and check the place out. That was out of the question. I couldn't get past the main office. VERY DISCOURAGING FOR PROSPECTIVE REAL ESTATE BUYERS. I asked the lady where me and my wife could have lunch. She told me the only thing that was open was a restaurant at the Apple Valley Golf Course. Pretty course but the restaurant staff was awful. Two tables where occupied and it took us nearly 20 minutes before the waitress came to take our order. Just about everything was out of stock. We settled on salads. (Wilted lettuce, frozen tomatoes does not classify as a salad). And the salads took us approximately 45 minutes to get to our table. What was our waitress doing? NOTHING! Just thought that management should consider handling employees better since it is such a beautiful area. Who would want to visit, much less live there. Please do not let looks be deceiving. This place is not what is advertised. Poor service and rude employees are what should be advertised. I feel like I wasted an entire day. I love to golf and love the mountains but could not put up with the service.

9  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
#2 of 6 in Flat Rock
The Omni Grove Park Inn
The Omni Grove Park Inn
#14 of 66 in Asheville

Been to Rumbling Bald Resort on Lake Lure? Share your experiences!