“We loved it and we'll be back!”

The Lodge on Lake Lure
Ranked #2 of 3 Lake Lure B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 26 July 2011

A beautifully decorated old B&B on a gorgeous mountain lake, cozy quiet rooms with private decks, boathouse with canoes and a rooftop deck, a smaller dock, great breakfast, gourmet dinners, wine and hors d'oeuvres at 4, interesting lakeside neighborhood walks. Above all, the friendliest and most accommodating staff of locals you will find anywhere. If you can't relax here, ask your doctor about prescription medications.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 July 2011

Because the name of this hotel sounded like exactly what we were looking for, we checked it out & stayed as it had everything we wanted & then some. It is a B&B lodge with complimentary wine & appetisers in the afternoon & a freshly made & served breakfast in the morning.We had a lovely room & it was the only room available. We assume that other rooms might be even more special but the one we had was wonderful. We look forward to exploring other room options when we return! I filled out their suggestions card as I was so impressed with this hotel & also wanted to purchase one of their robes. I couldn't do so at the time of our stay BUT they DID respond to my card & will contact me when they have robes available!! A truly top class operation. We highly recommend this'lodging'.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2011

My husband and I made a repeat visit to The Lodge on Lake Lure on June 19, 2011, bringing his sister and her spouse, who were visiting us from NYC. We had a wonderful time at The Lodge on Lake Lure last summer, and we were anxious to share the experience with relatives this summer. We were not disappointed. We stayed in lakeview rooms in the main lodge. The rooms are charming, evoking another era, but with all modern ammenities. The Lodge is more geared to adults, so the atmosphere is tranquil. Happy hour on the treetop deck overlooking the lake features wonderful wines and a lovely assortment of cheeses and appetizers- it is not to be missed! Breakfast is scrumptious. Relaxing on the dock, or swimming in the crystal clean lake is a highlight. We have highly recommended The Lodge on Lake Lure to our friends. We know we'll be repeat guests.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2011

Love Love Love this lodge... what a great mountain getaway. Planning to spend our Anniversary there as well. We were very won over. The lodge is cozy and has a great cabin feel in all the rooms but with all the luxury and special touches that make you feel pampered and at home all at the same time. The employee's are just as friendly and fun as can be... I hope I don't leave anyone out, but Erin, Billy, Summer and I know I'm forgetting the name of our wonderful cook and our Wilmington girl who was so helpful... I appologize... my mind is going :-) but they were fantastic. Can't say enough nice things about how helpful and fun they all were. Traveled with my parents, husband and adorable grandmother for my dads birthday. The views of the lake are spectacular. There's a lot of stairs to get to the lake and it's pretty steep, so for the older crowd, you should know this, but it can be manageable if taken slow. The breakfasts in the mornings are fresh prepared and delicious! Each evening there is wine and hors d'oeuvres and you can literally make a meal out of them! (oh, they give refills on the wine too!) :-) They offer a special dinner on Saturday nights - you put your order in for it a couple of nights before you arrive and believe me, it's worth it. The amenaties in the room are just lovely... bath beads and great smelling soap. Loved this lodge. Great weekend. Thank you Lake Lure Lodge and Staff... you guys are tops in our book.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2011

We were guest at The Lodge on Lake Lure for three nights. It is the most relaxing place I have ever stayed. It is a small Inn, overlooking the lake. The view is gorgeous, no matter which room you stay in. Billy and Adrian take care of every little detail. The entire staff go out of their way to make your stay perfect. The Loge has a huge stone fireplace, outdoor deck & a dining room. Included in your room is a delicious breakfast, and, afteroon cocktail hour. The cocktail hour includes free wine & snacks in the Lodge. It is a chance to get to know the other guest, or, you may choose to have your own privacy. Snacks are offered free at all times. We made reservations for dinner on Saturday evening, and, it was awesome! You have a choice of chicken, lamb or trout. Steamed vegetables & bread are also served. Be sure to save room for dessert, because it was worth it! We are already planning a return trip in the winter. I would highly recommend the Inn to anyone!

Room Tip: All rooms have a private deck with wonderful view.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A F
Reviewed 26 April 2011

My husband and I traveled Oct. 2010 for 8 days starting in Helen, Ga. and traveling the Blue Ridge Parkway to Little Switaerland, NC. It was amazing. Our last stop was The Lodge on Lake Lure before returning to Gainesville, FL. Breathe taking from the moment we pulled in until the moment we left. Staff, room, grounds, food, wine, views were all top rated. The staff was so friendly and helpful. Our room was spotless. Our balcony view of the lake and mountains was our favorite place to be. We have already booked our Blue Ridge Parkway journey for this Oct. and changed the iternary to spend more time at The Lodge. This is truely the best place we have ever stayed. We have friends meeting us there this Oct. We can't wait.
Kathy & Artie Baxley Gainesville, FL

Room Tip: Room 10 Lakeview
  • Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CruisingGator
Reviewed 25 April 2011

The inn is nicely situated at the quiet end of Lake Lure. The Lodge was well appointed and the staff was very friendly and helpful. I liked the instant on/instant off fireplace in our room (#7), especially since it was an abnormally cold day in April. A variety of baked goodies were out all during the day, except during the wine and cheese hour at 4:30. The other lodgers were quiet folk, so the overall ambiance was peaceful and tranquil.

Room Tip: Get a room with a bathtub that overlooks the lake.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
#13 of 66 in Asheville
Willowbrook Inn
Willowbrook Inn
#1 of 3 in Lake Lure

Been to The Lodge on Lake Lure? Share your experiences!