“Quaint, comfortable, and great attention to detail”

The Lodge on Lake Lure
Ranked #2 of 3 Lake Lure B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 12 September 2011

After a long busy week and weekend, this was the perfect place to unwind. Worth the price and I will return.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank megan8212

Reviewed 29 August 2011

My husband and I stayed in room 5 which was on the top floor and had a private deck. It was lovely to sit up in the trees and enjoy the breeze and the beautiful view.

Dinner was delicious although the options were limited. We skipped the dessert since there was not something we liked. The coffee and treats left out in the dining areas were great. I loved the artwork and architecture! We loved being able to take the canoe out in the evening then sit on top of the boathouse and watch a beautiful sunset over the lake with the mountains in the background.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 25 August 2011

I was traveling with a friend and happened upon The Lodge on Lake Lure...what a gem. We had Room 11 and could not have been happier. We canoed in the lake, took a quick swim from the boat house and relaxed and just enjoyed the spectacular view. The staff was warm, friendly and helpful. The food was delightful. What an exceptional upscale find on the lake. I can't wait to return with my husband for a long weekend.

Room Tip: Worth paying a little extra for the view
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Hiking close by, canoing on the lake, delicious breakfast on the deck overlooking the lake. A great quiet getaway. Extremely well appointed rooms.....some with fireplaces. Beautiful bathrooms, ours with a large claw footed tub as well as a nice shower. Lovely boat dock with lounge chairs, canoes included. Highly recommend and hope to return soon!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2011

My husband and I traveled to Lake Lure to spend three nights while we celebrated our anniversary. The location is spectacular if you enjoy accommodations on the water while still in the mountains. It was perfect for us!
Our room (number 9) had a great balcony and bathroom. We had a beautiful view of the lake, so enjoyed sitting on our balcony at night. We heard so much noise from the guests in the room above us - every time they got up in the night, we heard it. I loved the wood floors, but they are noisy at 3 am. This was easily remedied with ear plugs, so no issues the next night!
Take some wine to enjoy on your balcony - the Lodge will provide glasses and an ice bucket if needed.
On Friday evening we ate a first class dinner at the Lodge. The food was excellent! Andrew, the chef, went out of his way to prepare a dinner that fit our dietary requirements. As a foodie, I highly recommend the dinners here. The afternoon wine was enjoyable too, thanks to Billy's service. He is a great team member - truly interested in guest experiences! Breakfast was limited for me, but I appreciate their efforts in buying gluten-free bread. They even adjusted the fruit salad according to our preference.
During the day, the staff recommended places we could find hiking trails. My husband and I swam in the lake a few times. This is the only down side - the boat house needs to be updated! I noticed some nails that were pulling out of the decking, making me keep the sandals on while walking around. Also, be cautious of the ladder of the swim platform... going into the lake is very slippery. We spoke to the staff, and they assured us of plans to make the boat house more enjoyable. It sounds like they will be renovating the boat house later in the year. When this happens, we plan to return in the summer!
What a relaxing and lovely place to stay.

Room Tip: Balconies are private.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2011

From the moment we walked up to the front door until the time we checked out, we were attended to by a courteous, competent, friendly staff. Each one was very positive and all about making us feel like a welcomed and valued guest. The accommodatiions were comfortable, very attractive, spotless. Our balcony/porch overlooked the well groomed wooded area and a peaceful view of the lake. Walking down the landscaped stairway to the boathouse afforded a wonderful view of Lake Lure and the backdrop of mountains.
Local boat tours of the lake are available and recommended to take in the beauty of the lake and learn some of the history of the development of the area. Breakfasts were delicious also. Part breakfast buffet/ part special order. Lounge and common deck areas also were very attractively decorated and comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 August 2011

I stayed here with my daughter for 2 nights and after reading all the reviews, the Inn met and exeeded all of our expectations. We stayed in room 11. Gorgeous!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Rumbling Bald Resort on Lake Lure
The Esmeralda Inn
The Esmeralda Inn
#1 of 4 in Chimney Rock

Been to The Lodge on Lake Lure? Share your experiences!