Fox Run Resort
Chimney Rock Inn(Chimney Rock)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$120
Carter Lodge(Chimney Rock)(Great Value!)
US$136
US$121
Falls Country Motel(Chimney Rock)(Great Value!)
US$100
The Esmeralda Inn(Chimney Rock)
US$224
US$137
US$122
  • Pool
  • Pool
All reviewsmaster bedroomtime sharegolf courseentry levelfox denchimney rockmini golfjust returned from a weekdupont state parkwelcome centerfull kitchentennis courtsliving areasliding glasscable tvquiet at nightlarge black bear
Reviewed 18 August 2007

Okay condo but stuck in the 70's or early 80's. I felt like I was back in my childhood again. I wasn't impressed since I used my timeshare points. Nothing in the kitchen drawers to use so bring your stuff or you'll make trips to Wal-mart frequently. Everything down to the trash cans have been there since day one and if you have bad knees then don't go. When you walk in you are on the level with the 2nd bedroom. Go down about 10 steps or so and you are in what I call the basement which is the laundry room and the MBR and Bath. On the upper level which is about 10 steps up from the main level you have a small eating area and kitchen and living room with views of the woods. It's a Golfer's Paradise! Plan to drive to go anywhere because everything is over a half hour drive. If you want to go and relax then this is for you. If you have two kids who are age 5 and 2 then I DONT recommend this because the condo is not child friendly nor is the resort.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank jaycyn1995
Reviewed 30 April 2006

I want to thank those folks who wrote a review on this resort. It was a bit complicated finding Fox Run. As recommended by the reviews on Trip Advisor, we did our grocery shopping ahead which was a blessing. There is not a grocery store that is easy to find within a 40 minute drive through windings roads. We got lost a few times until we started using landmarks to find our way. We found that most activites at the Fox Run Resort were closed prior to May 1st. There was no pool, no spa available and I am not sure the restaurant was opened until we left. There must have been some storm damage as much of the recreation area was still under repair /construction. The resort notified us one week before our reservation that there would be a lot of construction. That does irritate me as we had made our reservations well in advance and were unable to utilize the things we most enjoy. Even the "moonlight dinner boat ride" was cancelled. When I asked why, the gal replied that the fresh fish had to be defrosted and there was not time as there had been a weather alert earlier in the day.... The scenery was beautiful. We could not use our balcony as there were many "wood boring bees" our there and they would dive bomb us. We learned to stand very still until they whirled around us and decided we were okay. I must address the check in brochure: "Upon your arrival at your villa, you may find...not just one but thousands of ladybugs that may fly into your mouth while you are having dinner"...".please use your vacuum provided to rid dead or live bugs from your villa". "Housekeeping or maintenance will be unable to return" to help with this problem. "If you encounter what looks like a roach, it is." We did encounter roaches and we did remove them. Fresh mulch had just been laid all around the complex and the roaches were everywhere. It was not my best vacation. However, if you play golf - you would love the location.

• Stayed: April 2006
13  Thank KathyWho
Reviewed 23 April 2006

The location is very lovely, but the units are showing their age. The carpets are worn and the units are dark and musty smelling. The resort and golf course are wonderful and the Lake Lure area is one of the most lovely in the e NC mountains. There is a brand new minature golf course on site that is first rate. The staff is friendly and will go out of their way to help you find things to do. We recommend whitewater tubing on the river on the days they open the Lake Lure damn. It is an adventure and a wee bit dangerous. But worth it!

Stayed: August 2005
6  Thank GoWolfpack
A TripAdvisor Member
KATY, TX
Reviewed 21 October 2004

From some reviews read during the last 6 months before our trip I was a little apprehensive about Fox Run, however, we found it to be just what we needed. Our townhouse very spacious, clean and the view from our patio over the golf course with mountain background was peaceful and relaxing. We did not play golf, tennis or use any lake amenities. We were mostly interested in scenic drives, local attractions away from lake. The staff was pleasant and in an emergency situation when we locked keys in the car they were very helpful. You have to allow travel time everywhere as the resort is about an hour from Asheville. Be prepared with some groceries as the closest store is about 20 miles away, however, there are a few small convenience stores closer, but pricey. Take maps plenty of patience, a good attitude and you will be fine. We made a day trip to visit friends in Greenville, SC, and brunch at Lattitudes was wonderful. The rest of the time was spent in and around Lake Lure, Hendersonville, Chimney Rock and Asheville. We found the scenery to be breathtaking. I recommend the prime rib @ Larkins at Lake Lure, in Asheville Early Girl brunch and Market Place upscale evening. Sensibilities Spa in downtown Asheville a real treat for massage etc. Sunset at Grove Park Inn is a must. Don't miss the Biltmore Est and winery, pay extra for the audio. Trip on Smokey Mtn RR a bit overrated. Go with a positive attitude and allow plenty of time to enjoy the scenery. We could easily have spent another week.

31  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 25 September 2004

Friends of ours have a timeshare (2 BR townhouse) at FoxRun. On their invitation, we visited them last year in late August for several days. Sure, it requires being able to read a map and follow simple directions to find the resort and track down a unit, but I've had more difficulty on a number of occasions in some big cities. We had been warned that there were no large groceries or stores nearby, so we came prepared. We enjoyed the golf, the day trips for sightseeing and shopping for local crafts, and most of all the peaceful life sitting on the deck and enjoying the scenery. Long story short, we fell in love with it, and bought a timeshare townhouse of our own (resales can be had cheap). My suggestion--get information ahead of time, go there with a good attitude, enjoy the peace and quiet. And when you go through Asheville, stop for produce at the Farmers Market and eat at the Moose Cafe.

25  Thank DvilleDoc