“Superb service and an interesting historic environment with a spectacular view”

The 1927 Lake Lure Inn and Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Lake Lure
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Was married here and the service and ambience were wonderful. The staff helped us any way they could. One took our pics eliminating the need to hire a photographer. Our couples massage was great and the area was very private for our hot tub and wine and chocolate. Cake and flowers were handled locally and we're beautiful and yummy. Also don't miss the Sunday brunch -- yummy!!

• Stayed: October 2013

Reviewed 16 November 2013

The staff at Lake Lure Inn were above amazing in helping with the wedding and reception. Everyone was so helpful and friendly and quick to respond to any needs. There was a problem scheduling services in the spa unless you had reservations prior to arriving. The food was incredible but was served warm because of wedding toasts. The food had to be carted in from the kitchen in the main building to the garden. The service was superb however. I would recommend it highly to anyone planning a destination wedding.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MwokyGirl
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This was an anniversary trip for my husband & I and I must say we were very disappointed. The place is beautiful even though it's aged. Our room was immaculate; however, it was so small that we could barely get our duffel bags unpacked, there was no place to sit & the shower is ridiculously small. I do not feel that the accommodations were accurately described on the website and we will not return to the inn due to what we paid vs. the accommodations.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank momof21973
Reviewed 11 November 2013

My husband and I planned a last minute weekend away, and our stay at Lake Lure was wonderful. The Inn is just beautiful-everything you'd expect from an "old fashioned" Southern inn. Decor was great. Our cabin (Baby's Cabin) was clean, nicely decorated, and beyond our expectations. The only drawnback-the furnace in Baby's Cabin was so loud it woke my husband and I up several times during the night.
We weren't able to experience the dinner service as it was cancelled due to a wedding. That was a bit dissapointing, but the Sunday brunch the next morning was great! Lots of selection and the quality was wonderful.
I would recommend the Inn to anyone and hope to go back!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2013

My husband and I just had our wedding at the Inn and it was absolutely perfect. All of our guests traveled from all over and stayed at the Inn as well. The Inn staff is so wonderful and accommodating. I can't say enough about how friendly they all are. The Inn itself is beautiful, the rooms are classically decorated with antiques and there is so much history throughout the Inn. The food was delicious. The Sunday brunch is phenomenal and the food at our wedding and the bonfire the night before was also incredible. We had so many comments on how good it was as well as how great the Inn is. There is a lot to do in the area around the Inn as well. We can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Swayze Suite. So great, separate room with a huge jacuzzi tub. Great view of the la...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We attended for a wedding. The inn was a classic old "southern style" hotel with rich history. The wedding was beautiful and perfect. But the food was horrible. The dish we had was rare (tuna) and not even sushi grade. Others at the table had the same dish with the same issue. The steak had a fowl scent and horrible taste as well.

The hotel is nice but the food was very bad. I don't recommend eating there. We didn't want to say anything out of respect for the bride and groom. It was their day and we wanted the focus to stay with them and not the bad food.

The employees there were great and very hospitable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I actually had my daughter's wedding here and stayed overnight for the rehearsal dinner and wedding day. The area is beautiful and the service is first class. Food is delicious. If you don't like an old, antique feel, and prefer newer things, you won't find that here. But I love it and the people visiting from out of town complimented over and over about the beautiful hotel, and venue. It was a wonderful stay and they definitely know how to put on a wedding and reception. After all of the horror stories about weddings, my daughter and I barely lifted a finger. The staff made this so easy!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
The Esmeralda Inn
#1 of 4 in Chimney Rock
1 mi away
Riverside Lodge at Chimney Rock

Been to The 1927 Lake Lure Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!