“Sleep at a museum by the lake!”

The 1927 Lake Lure Inn and Spa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Lake Lure
Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

Amazing location next to Lake Lure. Where Jennifer Grey & Patrick Swayze stayed during the filming of Dirty Dancing. Pet friendly. Neat history. Small room with huge king bed. Friendly staff. I'd go back.

• Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed 26 August 2014

My visit was during the beginning of the week and I enjoyed the quiet time and great location. Accommodations were very comfortable and the staff accommodating as well. Beds were comphy! Recommended! Beautiful area of Western NC.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This is a lovely, old (historic) property. Do not expect large rooms and for everything to be "perfect" as in a new facility. That is part of the charm. The pool is absolutely beautiful and it over looks the lake. Be sure to eat breakfast on the veranda over looking the pool and pool grounds (they offer complimentary coffee and danishes/fruit every morning). The little town of Chimney Rock is super touristy, but really quaint and the riverwalk area is so beautiful and peaceful. Of course, Chimney Rock state park is not be missed. Skip swimming in Lake Lure at the beach across the street. Just enjoy the pool over looking the lake for free!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

Beautiful old inn. Rooms were small however we truly enjoyed our stay. Would recommend Madinas for breakfast and Larkins boat house for dinner. The inn was filled with antiques. Just fun to walk around and look at all the clocks and music boxes from a different Etta. Especially enjoyed the player piano on Sunday in the lobby.

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank marywootten100
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for my daughter's wedding. We stayed in the Swayze Suite, which is, in our opinion, the best room in the hotel. My daughter and her new husband stayed in Johnny's Cabin. Some of our guests stayed in the main hotel and some in the motor lodge rooms. The staff was friendly and helpful. The Suite and the cabin were roomy, but some of the rooms in the main hotel were barely big enough for the bed and had tiny bathrooms. All the rooms were clean and beautifully decorated. The event manager, Patrick, did a wonderful job of seeing that all our needs as a group were met. We were so busy we never did get to the pool! We had a bonfire and S'mores on the beach arranged by the hotel which was great fun. My brother and his wife took advantage of all the nearby hiking trails. Asheville is about 45 minutes away if you want to experience more of the city life. There was a nice range of prices on the rooms. Only problem we had during our stay was the inability to get cell phone service inside the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I love historic buildings and vintage/antique appointments and the inn delivers on the atmosphere. I was visiting for a cycling event and stayed in the motor court, so I didn't get the full on experience of the main building. The room was nice and very clean. The shower was a little small but serviceable. The staff was all wonderful and friendly. I was in a corner location, so I did not get a view out my window and the parking space outside my room was not accessible. There were two weddings that weekend, so I didn't have access to the pool area but was made aware of this immediately upon making my reservation and decided to stay anyway. Overall, I was very pleased between the quality of the room, the location in relation to all the attractions of the area. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel for my brother's wedding weekend and we're impressed by the charm of this historic hotel. There were some nuances to the hotel given it's age but overall the hotel was clean and the staff seemed friendly. We stayed in one of the larger rooms at this hotel, called baby's bungalow and my parents stayed in Johnny's cabin, both were well appointed and had ample space, which I can't say is consistent with all of the rooms, specifically the standard ones that I visited. The salon was ok, the trolley was adventurous, and the food was good, but the real selling point for this hotel is the location on the very picturesque lake and it's vintage character!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
The Esmeralda Inn
#1 of 4 in Chimney Rock
1 mi away
Riverside Lodge at Chimney Rock

Been to The 1927 Lake Lure Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!