“Mixed Results”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Closed permanently.
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Visited here twice. First meal was adequate.
Second meal was a disaster. Ordered a pizza for lunch, and the order was completely butchered. Instead of offering to make amends or trying to fix the order, the server simply dropped our pizza and said "The kitchen got it wrong. I got into a fight with them about. Enjoy." leaving us to pick off toppings we didn't want. Beyond that, the pizza was undercooked on top with a burnt crust. Legends Pub is fine for a beer and a burger, but don't expect decent service or very good food. Pretty emblematic of Rumbling Bald Resort as a whole.

Reviewed 6 July 2013

We ate here twice on our trip. This is the most affordable place at Rumbling Bald, which is probably why our first visit did not go over well.

We went in around 7:30 after my boyfriend finished a round of golf. You seat yourself and one of the waitresses/waiters comes to your table to see if you have been helped. They clearly do not have sections. Our waitress arrived after about 5 minutes and we asked what beers they had on tap. Her response was Bud Light and Fat Tire (wrong: they had Bud Light and Yuengling) We ordered two beers and 15 minutes later they came from the bar. We then ordered our meal. I ordered the grilled chicken panini and he ordered 10 hot wings with a side of fries. Our waitress told us it would be a while because they just had all of the golfers come in. We told her it was okay and that we were not in a rush, not thinking how long the experience would turn out to be. We didn't see our waitress again until the food came out 20 minutes later. My sandwich was fine as were the wings, however we informed her that he had ordered fries. She looked shocked by this notion and said she would go put those in. The fries were never put in. Right as we got our food the table behind us sat down and they were not approached by a waiter for close to 30 minutes. They got up themselves to find someone to serve them.
Our beer was gone, we had no drinks, no fries, and I was done with my food. I flagged down another server and asked if I could get a water and my boyfriend could get another beer. She got our waitress who came over to tell us that they were all out of draft beer (what! how can you be a pub and run out of draft beer) so the only option was beer from a can. That was the last we saw of her the rest of the night. We kept trying to find her to get the check when we were all done but she never came back into the room we were in. We contacted one of the waiters who we noticed looked to be somewhat in charge of the place. He had just been over to the table behind us who complained. We asked if he could get us our check as we could not find our waitress. We saw her in the other room and pointed her out to him and he rolled his eyes in frustration. He comped us our meals which was nice and we left.

We also ate here our last night at the resort since the restaurant options in the area are very limited. Our experience was much better and we had a great waitress. She constantly checked in on us, even though they appeared to be much busier then the previous visit. They had draft beer. I ordered buffalo fingers and my boyfriend ordered the hot wings again since he said they were awesome. When the food came out he was given 20 wings instead of 10. When we told our waitress she said it was no problem, there would not be a charge for the mistake. She was great and we were happier the second time around.

Since it is a pub, mainly made up of groups of golfing buds, the atmosphere is quite loud but you expect that. The prices are fair and the food is typical bar food.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

We had some great food, the pizza was a hit with everyone, the service was top notch and we had some fun with the waitresses. The D.J. was very entertaining himself and handle most of the singers with class. The drinks and food were priced just right and we had a great night of fun.

Reviewed 28 June 2013

The food here really is good as well as the staff. Our meal was freshly cooked, very tasteful. I liked the atmosphere as well. We went for lunch twice during a day of golfing & swimming at the resort. I wouldn't hesitate to go back again

Reviewed 28 June 2013

Good pizza and just a nice place to unwind after golf. A friendly staff as well as many of the clients dining there were so friendly. Why not, you are on vacation in a beautiful area.