“Wonderful time”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake Lure
Geneva Riverside Lodging
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Lake Lure
Atlanta, Georgia
“Wonderful time”
Reviewed 12 July 2011

This is an older motel but very clean. these others posters are talking about 'bikes and such" we only saw 10 maybe 11. Next door there was a biker bar, but every thing at the it was all families here. The tiki bar had a wonderful staff. They were all friendly and took great care of us. The food is average bar food, wings burgers and such. Great prices on drinks. The pool was clean. i read where someone complained that the pool was closed and looked dirty back in april, anyone who with a clue would know that after being closed for the winter a pool needs to be shocked and treated before use. Pools are not bath tubs you don't just drain, clean and fill. we have reservations for September and can't wait.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank sassysasha60898

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Reviewed 21 June 2011

We stayed one night at this motel. When we arrived the whole area was out of power but since there was a sign that the power would be back on at 6pm we decided to stay. Since we had no cash on us they had to hold our debit card the whole night which made things complicated. The power did not come on until 2:00am and we still had to pay the full price of $100. We will not be staying here again. This price seemed really high to begin with but even worse when we sweated half the night. Oh well good luck to those who decide to stay!

• Stayed June 2011
4 Thank Ellisce06

Travellers are raving about these Lake Lure hotels

North Carolina
Reviewed 11 April 2011

Seems to me things haven't changed since 2006. Reading the reviews of that time, they were rated pretty bad. Gee, it hasn't changed at all. This place is just a all around bad deal. service, food, rooms, bed bathroom, just plan is bad, bad, bad. Don't waste you money and time at this place.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jediegenesis
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 April 2011

What a Joke. This is absolutely the worst place I have ever stayed. And so say most of our 25 member group. Check in was real slow. The manager stood and watched when she could have helped. My room door had been kicked in at one time and the repair left the door open part way and easy to just push in again. No nothing in the room except a bed, tv, and clean towels. My room had a heat/ac unit but others had a window ac unit and space heater... plug one in and take your choice. No alarm clock, no phone and your cell won't work there. The free wi-fi only works by the office so stand outside and give it a try. The pool was closed. The Tiki Bar did serve drinks and have bad food.. except one report on a good burger. Friday was steak special but they were the lowest quality beef available and they ran out. Our friends ordered food that never came. When they asked where it was... oops, we forgot and the kitchen is closed now.. too bad for you. The river is nice but you must buy all food and drinks from the Tiki Bar. No Picnics ..and a big sign to tell you. We asked at a restaurant down the road about the place and they said Geneva was known to suck big time.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2011
3 Thank rogergthree
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 October 2010

Booked this motel based on reviews here and the Geneva website photos, so I was well aware this was not a 5 star hotel, and I'm not a hotel snob. I knew it was old builiding and dated furnishings, but I liked the fact that they had a pool and onsite restaurant / bar and was close to Chimney Rock Park and Lake Lure Beach. After checking in, we immediately noticed that the sink would not drain, the toilet had issues and the remote control did not work and that there was no phone. I contacted the manager who fixed the sink. My boyfriend was uncomfortable and felt unsafe. I remained positive because we had already paid for the weekend. Big mistake. While eating and lounging at the tiki bar my boyfriend felt even more uncomfortable with the environment, who I discovered, were not all guest but locals (and not of the classy family-friendly variety.) After falling asleep (after working 12 hours and driving for 4) around 11 pm we were soon awoken to someone outside of our window and door, attempting to break in. With no in-room phone and almost no cell phone signal, this was a horrifying situation. It took ages to get thru to 911, but finally we did, and once the police arrived (filed a report for sure!) my bf and I were already packing to leave!!! It took some convincing for the owner to refund our money, but she eventually agreed and even called another hotel about a vacancy for us. Coincidentally, the new hotel was nice, safe, convieant and only slightly more expensive and I felt so much safer and was able to finally enjoy my weekend. Still, because the Geneva had my debit card number I was hesitant to write this review until now.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
4 Thank sunchaser104
Gastonia, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 October 2010

had a blast, took our 3 month old puppy with us, there was plenty of things for her so we did not have stay in the room, this place is very pet friendly. food at the tiki bar was wonderful, bartenders were nice, music was good. our room was great, it was roomy and had a small frig and microwave. it was very clean. the lady at the front desk was very sweet. Thanks Geneva for a wonderful weekend.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ladydi515
Gastonia, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 September 2010

what a wonderful time we had at the Lake and the Tike Bar as well, I would highly recomend this place to everyone, very friendly for the family and alot to do, very interesting place and ALOT of history there,,,,

Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Rumbling Bald Resort on Lake Lure
The Esmeralda Inn
The Esmeralda Inn
#1 of 3 in Chimney Rock

Been to Geneva Riverside Lodging? Share your experiences!