“VERY FRIENDLY AND FUN”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake Lure
Geneva Riverside Lodging
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Lake Lure
north carolina
“VERY FRIENDLY AND FUN”
Reviewed 7 July 2009

This Hotel is old but everyone is very friendly and the rooms are clean. We often ride down from brevard just to have a nice place to hang out, eat, drink, and be merry. We love this place very much.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
South Carolina
Reviewed 21 December 2008

What a great little place in the mountains. Although this motel is very old, we found it to be quite charming. Looking over the age the rooms are very large and were clean. This was our first visit to the area and when we were checking in the front desk person was very helpful with directions and things to do and see while we were in town. The Tiki Lounge was enjoyable and gave that great feeling of small town friendly. It was great that we could eat breakfast, lunch and dinner and never leave the place. With the river and views on the property not leaving could be a great thing. We will be back.

• Liked — so much to do without leaving
  • Disliked — motel age
  • Stayed December 2008
NC
Reviewed 1 December 2008

I do not consider myself a "hotel snob", but this place was gross. I was afraid to touch anything. There was no alarm clock, no phone, very few electrical outlets. The outlets that they did have were so old that my cords kept falling out. The sink and tub would get full and take forever to drain. In order to flush the toilet, you had to hold the handle down forever. The hot water did show up eventually. The person running the place would not even come see us face to face, we had to speak to her over an intercom and drop our key in a basket. I don't know what happened to the "friendly" staff others were talking about. The only friendly staff that I encountered was Jennifer in the Tiki Bar. She was very efficient, personable and great at her job. She run's the bar, cooks the food and always has a smile on. The lady at the front desk could take lessons. The tiki bar and the location are the only things this dump has going for it. For all the money they charge, they could at least have plumbing that works.

• Liked — Tiki Bar
  • Disliked — Nothing worked in the room
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
3 Thank suzq6977

Travellers are raving about these Lake Lure hotels

South Carolina
Reviewed 26 October 2008

My husband and i wanted to get away for a romantic weekend. I checked on motels in the Lake Lure area that had hot tubs/ Jacuzzi's for two. I came across Geneva's website. I called and requested the jacuzzi room. I called back a few hours later and inquired if the jacuzzi was large enough for two. The lady said no so i asked if i could switch to a river efficiency since there was a "garden tub large enough for two", she said sure that she like that room better anyway. I asked how much it would be for the two nights and she quoted around $220.00. When we arrived for our weekend we were sent to the jacuzzi room, I told my husband this was not the room I requested. So he went back to the office and explained what happened. She gave us a key to the other room and told us to decide which we like better. That room had a VERY SMALL tub, hardly big enough for one. My husband went back to the office and told the lady that their website stated a garden tub for two, the woman shook her head no like my husband was lying. The charge for that room ended up being $263.00 for two nights for a room that should have been $50.00 a night at the most. If you read the other complaints, there was one about the remote. While my husband was in the office a gentleman came in and complained about his remote and was told maintenance wasn't on property at the time. We left and went to the Mountain Village Chalets where we rented a beautiful suite for $40.00 cheaper than that dump we started at. The efficiencies are tiny not like explained on the website. The two rooms we went in did stink and were nasty looking. The only good thing I can say is the Geneva did credit our charges back to our credit card. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — misrepresented everything about the efficiences on their website
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CarolinaBlondie
charlotte
Reviewed 1 September 2008

The hotel website was very misleading. It made the rooms look nice and roomy and clean. None of these applied. The effeciency consisted of a refrigerator and microwave, nothing else, not even a coffee pot. There was even a note on the mirror that stated no cooking in the room. The website stated open the window and hear the river running by. Most of the time there would be no way to hear the river above the music at the bar between room and the river. But even when the bar was quite you could not hear the river. Our TV was small and the remote did not work. When we inquired about it it was like we were being rediculous for expecting them to fix it. We paid over $100 a night for a dump and felt like we had been riped off. We'll never stay there again.

• Liked — close to river
  • Disliked — generally rundown
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GrandmamaX4
NC
Reviewed 19 June 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed there for two nights and had a blast! The motel room is somewhat older, but the tiki bar was fantastic (reminded me of some outdoor bars I've been to in Florida), and the poolside atmosphere was fun, even on a Monday and Tuesday. Everyone was very friendly and the views were beautiful. It's located beside the Broad River, which our dog had a great time splashing around in (added plus-this motel allows pets!). It's centrally located in Lake Lure, so it's convenient to all sorts of activites, from Lake Lure Beach to Chimney Rock. We enjoyed our stay there and plan on going back!

• Liked — Tiki bar, views, surroundings
  • Disliked — older motel, older rooms
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
Asheville, NC
Reviewed 9 December 2007

Stayed here for one night. I assumed that with a rate near $80 it would be o.k. - wow, loud motorcycles racing through the parking lot from the bar on the property, TV in room next door almost blew us out of bed. No soap, shampoo - and towels the size of a wash cloth that were like sandpaper. Room was shabby but clean (I think) but carpets require socks or shoes at all times. No coffee maker and office is not open until at least 9:00, so drove a couple of miles for a cup of coffee at 7:30 AM. For $49 I would not complain - that's about what it was worth. Don't expect to sleep here - just a place to rest before moving on!

• Liked — In Town Location
  • Disliked — Loud, no ammenities at all in room, shabby decor
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled as a couple
Rumbling Bald Resort on Lake Lure
Fibber MaGee's Riverfront Inn
Fibber MaGee's Riverfront Inn
#2 of 5 in Chimney Rock

Been to Geneva Riverside Lodging? Share your experiences!